ace coil info

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Ace, depends on where you're hunting and what you're looking for. What kind of hunting do you do mostly? The bigger coil goes deeper but it doesn't separate as well. The smaller the coil, the better your machine will maneuver amongst the trash in the ground. In a very trashy area, use a smaller coil. In the woods or cleaner park, or beach, use the bigger coil, generally speaking.

Hope this helps,

Joe

windycity

Tenderfoot
May 22, 2006
twistidd hit it right on the head, the larger the coil the more depth, however as mentioned target seperation becomes a little tricky.
Smaller coils give better seperation but a l decrease in depth can be expected.

His suggestions for usage again dead on.

Ron

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Ace, FYI, that bigger coil is a beast in the woods. If you decide to hit the woods this fall, keep the big coil on. For a while, TreasureFiend and I hunted the woods with just our Ace 250's, him with the big coil and me with the standard coil. He found a crapload more silver and other coins than I did...and he was just starting out with the hobby. We even tested the coils and there were targets he was getting that my Ace wouldn't even peep at (i.e. the 1920's Chauffeur's Liscence). Just so ya know.

Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread