Old military/civilian button

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out today for a couple of hours to the same site I found that 1876 Canadian LC. This is an old part of town that used to be another town that goes back to the 1830's to early 1850's before it's population was wiped out by cholera. This was about 8 inches deep an sounded off like a deep dime. I posted it in "todays finds" and the "what is it" section to get more info. The backmark says "Rich Gold Color". From the limited research I did, this was made in England for the USA, between 1820-1850, but I don't know if it's civilian or military since the manufacturer made buttons for both and some of the military and state buttons are similar to this but not exact.
HH
John
Rich Gold Color Button.jpg

Attachments

• Rich Gold Color Button.jpg
    Rich Gold Color Button.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 202
OP
OP
dirtyJohn

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A guy on "what is it" IDed it. He said, "that type of button is called a golden age button and was made in the 1820's & 30's . They were made for civilian use but many are dug in civil war camps both union and confederate." Pretty cool.
HH
John

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That old button is a great find and always nice to get a little bit of history in great shape

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
watercolor said:
That's a cool button! A lot older than anyone I've found :tongue3:

Hmmm... Oh man....

Awesome dig John! Now find the pockets from that coat and the goods therein!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions