Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sunday mornings hunt at a school yard gave me another unusual find. A mem. cent that was shot and stopped the bullet,
I wonder if it was a show and tell piece? If it was I got to do it again. $3.21 clad, 5 Wheaties and some kids jewelry.

DSCN0286.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0287.JPG
    DSCN0287.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 192
  • DSCN0288.JPG
    DSCN0288.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 182

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Hey Rich,
At the spot where I got my '57 seated dime and '02 Barber sime early on this year, I've found two wheaties with .22 shorts plugged into them. Mayo and I each got one at the nest this year also if I remember right.

Them Lincolns, they get no respect....

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Yeah, I've found a couple of lincolns like that... I wonder if it is some sort of trick shot or something. Anyway, I am assuming we find pennies shot because people are cheap and not because Lincoln was assassinated...Otherwise we'd find shot up Halves too (and perhaps certain presidential dollars... I'd want a plugged McKinley)

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Interesting find! I was out earlier this year with someone who found a barber quarter that had been shot.

M

MR Senior L4S

Welcome to club ( have some ) Yours is on small cent , so is rare . Congr!!!!!

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Interesting find, especially with the bullet fused to the cent. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I remember putting pennies on the end of the .22 barrel & firing when I was young & stupid out in the southern IL sticks. Never did locate any of the pennies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread