First hunt in nearly 2 weeks

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
Ok, so due to my work schedule, I haven't been out and about w/ the trusty Ace in almost 2 weeks!! :'( Finally got out this morning to my new spot. Finds included a gold chain (probably fake; it's unmarked and VERY light), what I think is part of the underside of a golf shoe (says MacGregor and has a no. 5), unknown rusty tidbit, old radiator or water line spigot/shutoff, hunting- an American tradition tag (keychain part maybe?), Oneida spoon (looks modern; probably stainless), large, old, rusty double keyhole plate (still has some old green paint on it), 3 dog tags (all local), and 2 wheats ('42, '44). Todays clad: 19 quarters, 17 dimes, 2 clad Jefferson nickels, and 35 cents (31 copper and 4 zinc) for a grand total of $6.90. Thoughts and observations on todays hunt: I'm glad I survived repeated attacks by the worlds deadliest animal today. Darn skeeters were ferocious!! I had deep woods repellent all over me, and they STILL repeatedly tried to bite me (along with the flies), including my face, hair, neck, and ears. GAH!! Almost drove me out of "the spot", as I could hardly dig a target without the 'lil bloodsuckers all over me....can't wait for fall to get here so the cooler/cold weather kills off these 'lil b******s....I just might have to resort to beach only hunting until fall.....Anyway, pics below. Enjoy!! :D

Attachments

• Picture 168.jpg
    Picture 168.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 99
  • Picture 169.jpg
    Picture 169.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Picture 170.jpg
    Picture 170.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 97
  • Picture 171.jpg
    Picture 171.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 98
  • Picture 172.jpg
    Picture 172.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 94

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skeeters are bad this year, we just have to put up with them. Way to snag a couple of wheaties Paul,
and pile on the clad count.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread