Winging it with the champs

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
You guys are great, thanks for the wings and I owe you a silver spot or two.

As for pre-brunch hunting, OMG (sans valley girl inflection) Mayo is becoming a force to be reckoned with. He was probing to the oldies today amid a trash layer under which you could hide the lost legions of Varus.

Famous last words:
Lowbatts: Hey Mayo, I got an IH and a buff over by there the other day, check that spot out.

Scenario getting way too familiar....

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea it was great seeing you all again, we should do this more often!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
It was a blast as always! I seldom get to talk detecting with anyone other than while detecting, but then when I'm detecting I'd rather detect than talk, so...yeah, always a good time with the bros. Good to meet a couple new faces, and I really hope to meet up with them sometime and also I need to get out to Elgin with the Elgin Boys to try my luck at tear-up detecting (never tried it) and/or the old Death Park (just sounds cool). Yeah, Mayo is beginning to scare me with his finds too!!

Joe

Nick T

Aug 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
I use a Teknetics Omega 8000 w/11DD and 10con , a Fisher CZ-70 pro , teknetics pinpointer.
Thanks for the welcome!

It was great meeting the gang. Thanks for tips! I had fun and it sure is a great group of people. I loved the stories. :)

After the wings I had to meet some friends in Crystal lake. There was a park across the street and I had time to dig a dime! No silver, but that's OK, I just wanted to dig!
Cheers - Nick T

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Nick T said:
Thanks for the welcome!

It was great meeting the gang. Thanks for tips! I had fun and it sure is a great group of people. I loved the stories. :)

After the wings I had to meet some friends in Crystal lake. There was a park across the street and I had time to dig a dime! No silver, but that's OK, I just wanted to dig!
Cheers - Nick T

It was fun chatting with you Nick, stick around here on the forum, we always love seeing or at least hearing about the finds of our fellow brothers in digging. Hope to see you out in Elgin sometime,

Joe

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a good time seeing the IL forum guys and meeting the new guys. Listening to the stories never gets old.
When Lowbatt's suggests " look over there", "found some goodies around here", "might be goodies hiding
in that area" grab your detector and start hunting. He knows your not going to find anything unless your
coil is on the ground. I liked the photo album you put together Mark, that was awesome to see some of your
great finds from years past and that you donateted some of them to various organizations "super". HH guys!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions