• BikePath7.jpg
    BikePath7.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 274

Joe Hoo?

Feb 13, 2009
Southern and Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo St, Compadre
so glad i moved away from chicago after 45 yrs these pics are a horrible reminder of the nasty winters.... although i would like to thank you for refreshing my memory so i do not ever come back... HH :icon_thumleft:

JAN2011

Apr 21, 2009
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
White's DFX - MXT - Excalibur II
Everytime I see pictures like this of Chicago it makes me appreciate leaving there and moving to Puerto Rico earlier this year. Here we MD year round and to top it all off - there is no goose crab to step in!

Happy Holidays

OP
OP
Gimmie The Loot

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JAN2011 said:
Everytime I see pictures like this of Chicago it makes me appreciate leaving there and moving to Puerto Rico earlier this year. Here we MD year round and to top it all off - there is no goose crab to step in!

Happy Holidays

Your profile picture looks really nice and warm to me right now. We just got another couple inches of snow yesterday with more on the way for Christmas!

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Yes, it's pretty bad along that part of the beach right now. About a week or so ago bad weather really got the waves churning. Part of the fence along lake shore drive got washed out, battered and twisted. They even briefly shut down 2 of the 3 northbound lanes at that section of lake shore drive because of the amount of water coming onto the road. It was about as bad as I ever seen it. The force of the those waves probably really stirred up the sand on the beach so there should be some goodies out there once it thaws out.

OP
OP
Gimmie The Loot

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope so - I've been keeping an eye on it daily. As soon as that ice thaws I'll be out there! The bike trail was buried under sand, clam shells, and chunks of asphalt, and ice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread