Sledding hill tailings

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Mark (Marinedad) and I hit three sledding hills today.

In a test of my psychic ability I sent him a note asking if he'd drive all the way to Elgin for 37 cents in clad the other day. Well he did.

Snow was hard packed, but in the day of the TV game console there just is not the big fun in sledding anymore that there was back in the early 20's or 30's, as I remember.

We pulled all the quarters we were gonna get today at the first site, got a fresh JVC video camera battery at the second site and found a tail missing it's squirrel at the third site.

So while no bonanza appeared, it was great weather and we had a nice easy time chopping into that 6" base to pop the goodies out.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like you both had fun and got past the cold stuff for a bit!!! :hello: marinedad Chug and Red Just a reminder it will get warmer and the finds will get better!! hang in there and have a blast hunting Chug!!!!

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it was good to get out and have that beeping in our ears again. too many targets under the snowpack, i just about holed the only quarter i found with my rock pick, and one of two scout tie thingies i found on the same hill wound up with two pointy bumps in it. thanks again tim, low on batts? and hi to chug and red :hello:.

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting out for a hunt and scoring any goodies makes for a great day. Maybe with this heat wave were getting
next weekend you could pluck out the buried signals you guys had to leave behind.

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job fellas! That makes me think Spring is right around the corner... that and the fact that I saw spring training reports on the Cubs last night!!!

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're a diehard Tim, while here I am at home in my hoody footy waiting for spring for my first hunt. I'm such a wimp.
HH
John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions