Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're energy efficient refrig will be gone and you'll be out detecting by Sunday.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I was soooo looking forward to my leftover steak from last night's grillin' this morning on my way home from work.

Wifey put it out in the garage with the squirrel-less tail since her and the girl monster did not like it.

Oh well that's what Tombstone pizza is for. Mornings like this...

Oh yeah, there goes the oven timer!

OP
OP
kimsdad

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Lowbatts said:
I was soooo looking forward to my leftover steak from last night's grillin' this morning on my way home from work.

Wifey put it out in the garage with the squirrel-less tail since her and the girl monster did not like it.

Oh well that's what Tombstone pizza is for. Mornings like this...

Oh yeah, there goes the oven timer!

No steak and no tail - is that what you want on your Tombstone? :laughing7:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea I've been grilling from my kitchen window all winter. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Attachments

• bbq.jpg
    bbq.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 147

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since the pix above I upgraded my BBQ arsenal with a smoker!!! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: This is my BBQ staging area, I just slide that kitchen window open and grill from right there. Its a nice feeling when you can grill in shorts when its snowing outside!!! Haven't used the smoker yet but that little Webber has done just fine with burgers, chicken, pork chopps, steaks, and some venison. Can't wait to get some ribs and a brisket for the smoker!!! :tongue3:

Attachments

• IMG_5297.jpg
    IMG_5297.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 151
OP
OP
kimsdad

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
TreasureFiend said:
Since the pix above I upgraded my BBQ arsenal with a smoker!!! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: This is my BBQ staging area, I just slide that kitchen window open and grill from right there. Its a nice feeling when you can grill in shorts when its snowing outside!!! Haven't used the smoker yet but that little Webber has done just fine with burgers, chicken, pork chopps, steaks, and some venison. Can't wait to get some ribs and a brisket for the smoker!!! :tongue3:

Grilling out the window - nice! :thumbsup: I think you'll like the smoker, Kermit. I have the same one. Although it can be a pain to keep up to temp, especially on a breezy day. It's made quite a few nice batches of hickory smoked ribs for us. I always wanted to convert it to a propane smoker with an old turkey fryer burner or something similar so I could make brisket without having to add charcoal during the process. I have a heating element from an old electric smoker, and just recently installed the element and a bottom panel into it. Haven't tried cooking in it yet, but it shot right up to 230 degrees empty, set on high on a 45 degree day. I'm tired of dealing with charcoal all day!

Here's to our future smoking endeavors! :occasion14:

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Grill from the window,now that's a new one for me,well done :thumbsup:

I to cannot be deterred from outside cooking in the winter months,I use an electric smoker,not quite the same as an open pit but it gets me through the dreary months....

I like the cooler KimD ;D

Grill on my friends...

Soup

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread