Okay, this is getting ridiculous...

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
It started with the '17d merc I dug on the 19th. Continued with the '10 wheatie I dug yesterday. And now...today...I dug a merc and a silver Roosie, but couldn't manage a Barber...one dime short of the highly sought after dime trifecta!!! ARRRGGGHH x3!!! It's like being one at bat away from hitting for the cycle in baseball, or one free throw away from a double double or triple double in basketball!! Anyway, totals for the day: '29s merc, '46p Roosie, 3 wheats ('10 (another one ::)), '41d, '45), and a junk ring (not silver; unmarked; steel maybe?). Surprisingly, no clad today (not even a zincoln). First time that's ever happened. I switched my sensitivity from auto +2 to manual @ 26, and I think that helped a lot. Pics below. Enjoy!!

Attachments

• Picture 310.jpg
    Picture 310.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 156
  • Picture 311.jpg
    Picture 311.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 156
  • Picture 312.jpg
    Picture 312.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Picture 313.jpg
    Picture 313.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 158

ewcoinhunter

Mar 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-Trac and Sun-Ray Probe
Nice finds, congrats! Not a bad day at all, I have seen worse! :icon_thumright:

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
Hey don't complain,, you doubled my yearly total in one hunt.
You sure are getting the hang of that new machine.
WTG Paul! :thumbsup:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Geez that is ridiculous. It must have taken you days to find those two silver....

Who was that guy with the Ace last year yelling out he'd found a wheatie?

Oh then there was the seated in a driveway pad..... it wasn't the coin screaming through the machine I heard.....

Who was that guy and what happened to him? A two-silver day would have knocked his socks off.

Keeping perspective FOR you,

Da 'batts.

OP
OP
C

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
Lowbatts said:
Geez that is ridiculous. It must have taken you days to find those two silver....

Who was that guy with the Ace last year yelling out he'd found a wheatie?

Oh then there was the seated in a driveway pad..... it wasn't the coin screaming through the machine I heard.....

Who was that guy and what happened to him? A two-silver day would have knocked his socks off.

Keeping perspective FOR you,

Da 'batts.

Hi there....your memory is a bit fuzzy...the driveway pad find wasn't a seated. It was an 1898 Barber dime....still my oldest silver coin to date....guess I should be thankful for the 2 silver day though... ;D

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Yep, glad you remember the days when goodies were harder to come by! There's so many more that you can get at now!

When your vacation gets here see if you slip in a day out this way. Too many people sleeping in around this town!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions