Pounded Area of where a school once stood, still giving up the goodies........

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out for hour and a half before I had to go to work.
I went to where an old school once stood for 60 years.
I have pounded all 4 corners of this property over the years starting in 1986 thru 1996 then hit it hard
for the last 5 years too.
It amazes me that I still get goodies from there.
Late Last year I pulled a 1919 CLASS RING from there along with several more silver.

TODAY:
I decided to go there and I was in the mood to listen for the not so good signals in 2 areas that
I have gone over at least 50 time ( I'm not $h*ting I have pounded these areas, I have many many hour put here ) So has a few other guys too.
Every spring I go back to see if the frost and winter might have changed things.
I got this real iffy target at 6 inches 3-38 2-39 5-36 ( etrac ) nothing solid at all.
Dig down a bit and on the 2nd dig, out popped a 1903 I H.
10 minutes later I walked to the other corner.
Dug a clad dime then about 3 feet away I got a single bleep and the numbers were jumping 1-44 3-36 7-32.
Dug it up and again out popped a 1906 IH. SWEET !!!!
10 feet away I got a jumpy signal this time it was mostly a null sound and a high tone broken up signal 1-47 10-50 3-48
in only one direction but it said it was about 7-8 inches
So dig out a bit and out popped a piece of Iron ( Square Nail I think ) Stick the probe it to double check the hole and she
let out this high flutety sound solid as can be... next scoop the dirt pile reveals the nice silver reeds of the coin.
I said come on be an 1800"s Barber since it's on my wish list....After gentle pushing some dirt off it I saw the year 1945. Damn.... I gotta say that this ETRAC is a hell of machine to be able to get the silver with a large piece of iron next to it.
I was happy that I pulled another piece of silver from the area.. I'm sure there is more... After all this area is one of my top 5 areas for producing many silver and other goodies....There getting harder to find.....though
Sorry for the long winded story but I was so surprised to find these 3 finds....
One thing for sure.... " NO PLACE IS EVER HUNTED OUT "

Attachments

• IMG_0302.JPG
    IMG_0302.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0307.JPG
    IMG_0307.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0308.JPG
    IMG_0308.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_0309.JPG
    IMG_0309.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 256

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah grasshopper. Looks like like you're learning well the E-Trac machina. Maybe a little toooooo well (jk) Glad you could hear that rusty iron/silver sound. There are many, and I mean many more like that out there that other machines will not get. :laughing7:

Congrats on a great hunt !

OP
OP
DPBOB

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lookn4Seated said:
Ah grasshopper. Looks like like you're learning well the E-Trac machina. Maybe a little toooooo well (jk) Glad you could hear that rusty iron/silver sound. There are many, and I mean many more like that out there that other machines will not get. :laughing7:

You think the ace 250 would, cause I was thinking of getting one and getting rid of the Etrac.....Then I can cry about not finding anything.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds bob, you thinking about going south of I-80 with silly spoon to "find the good stuff" :laughing7:

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
D P Bob said:
Lookn4Seated said:

You think the ace 250 would cause I was thinking of getting one and getting rid of the Etrac.....Then I can cry about not finding anything.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Only if there's a parking lot there and the snow melts. I'd only hit those areas Bob. ::)

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work Bob, pounded sites are great for working on
your detecting skills, north of I-80.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunting buddy, yea its gettin thin for solid targets so we have to adapt or leave the hobby (or atleast retreat below I80) :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Okinowa Demo Range.jpg
    Okinowa Demo Range.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 231
OP
OP
DPBOB

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
marinedad said:
nice finds bob, you thinking about going south of I-80 with silly spoon to "find the good stuff" :laughing7:
TreasureFiend said:
D-Dub said:
Boom goes the dynamite!

I got the dynamite covered!!! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
Lookn4Seated said:
D P Bob said:
Lookn4Seated said:

You think the ace 250 would cause I was thinking of getting one and getting rid of the Etrac.....Then I can cry about not finding anything.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Only if there's a parking lot there and the snow melts. I'd only hit those areas Bob. ::)
marinedad said:
D-Dub said:
Boom goes the dynamite!
Dirt fishing Wolf said:
Nice work Bob, pounded sites are great for working on
your detecting skills, north of I-80.

Thanks Guys LOL

filthyflyer39

Oct 18, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari
great job picking out those goodies, with that many hours put into the place it's gotta be really tough!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
No one finds stuff like that at that old school house anymore. Sounds like an egg saturation.

Nice hunt!

OP
OP
DPBOB

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lowbatts said:
No one finds stuff like that at that old school house anymore. Sounds like an egg saturation.

Nice hunt!
LOL The Easter Bunny left them behind....

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
determination pays off , wtg!

justdigging50

Sep 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC and Minelab Explorer II
Great job pulling some keepers out of a pounded site. :icon_thumright:

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Great finds

Now you have to go back and hunt all your old places with the etrac and get all the coins next to iron!

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Silver quarters are fun to find even if they are Georges. Keep it up bud!

M

MR Senior L4S

Congr !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, , last year You miss nice gold from that place , You are OK> I dont know how i miss those targets, , I have change my way from work , and leave this spot for You . !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread