Found my first ever seated in my front lawn not ten minutes ago!!!

nhagan

Jul 27, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
wow this etrac is something.. there is some real history on my property but can not find much info online (word of mouth from neighbors and some old-timers around here).. well im starting to believe it as I found that 1906 ih a few weeks ago and now this.. My future uncle had just borrowed the etrac tonight (after we found those couple mercs in his yard last night - he had the hunting fever).. well he brought it back to me and I told the ol wifey I wanted to dig one hole tonight before I came in. I had one iffy signal I dug and found nothing.. two feet to the right of it I hit a solid 12-48, 12-47.. I thought oh man its a good one.. Dug it up and this beauty popped out.. Right in my front yard!!! I can not believe it im still shaking.. woohoo

small000.png

small001.png

small002.png

small003.png

guess i need to keep hunting it as I have hit that spot 5 times in the past and never hit it.. funny thing is it only rang in from one direction hitting it at a 90 produced a null out sound.. the wife has no idea why im so excited but dang im grinning from ear to ear..

Neil

metman

Jul 28, 2010
Metamora, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like it was just minted! Very cool. :headbang:
Hope you find more. Congrats!!

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
That is a good looking coin. Amazing how these things keep in the dirt. That thing would probably grade out nicely.

OP
OP
nhagan

nhagan

Jul 27, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
I cant quit looking at it tonight.. funny thing is I just noticed I got so excited I must have walked out of my sandals hahaha (in pic).. all I know is I ran to the hose about 8 feet away, started to let the water gently knock away the fully caked on dirt.. I started to see the stars around the outside edge on the front then turned it over and read quar. dol and about freaked out hahahahaha.. dang what a feeling.. it really is a sharp coin.

i love this hobby!!

neil

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats, looks like you jumped out of your flip flops.

filthyflyer39

Oct 18, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari
awesome seated quarter! i just found my first seated dime this week too, its a great feeling :icon_thumright:

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neil

SWEET !!!!!!!!!

That is one sweet coin........ easy $100

WELCOME TO THE SEATED CLUB

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to look at it twice....
Never got an 1800"s quarter yet.....

She is a beauty

OP
OP
nhagan

nhagan

Jul 27, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Hey Bob hope things are well!! How the heck you been! Who knew I never had to leave my yard to find seated.... Got a fishing trip this week but next weekend ill be all over this place

Neil

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In your own yard. That's not even fair! Congrats :icon_thumright:
HH
John

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
That's one gorgeous Seated Quarter. I waited years to find my first seated quarter. Congratulations. I'm really happy for you. Rick :coffee2:

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Didn't have to go far to find that one. Congrat's on a beautiful Seated quarter!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I gotta get on the forum more often, missed this one earlier. Man I'd put that one up on the Illinois forum banner, if we had one....

Awesome good coin!

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
jsandman said:
Great find .......I can't wait till I can put my first silver in my pocket. I can't imagine finding something like that.

James

There out there son just keep digging, I promise one will come your way.

I hunt a park locally off and on. I have hunted it for 43 years and so have hundreds of other Metal Detector hunters. I also own a Minelab E-trac and use a 6" coil in the trashiest parts of that park and this spring hunting for less then 4 hours total I have found 4 Silver dimes one was a 1876 CC Seated Liberty Dime. No body gets them all.

Best of luck to you. Rick :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread