Old Location!!! (9/1/11) Finds

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Hi all,
Just reworking an old favorite worked outs spot today. I got down and dirty for the shiny. I found a 6 coin spill in a thicket that I sort of had to crawl on the ground into to recover the coins. The first coin, annoyingly, was a memorial cent. I am guessing it was probably a 59 or early 60's and went with the other five coins, but it is still residing in my pouch. The next 3 coins were wheats. Then, I had to really crawl to recover what ended up being my only silver on the day, a 53-d Rosie. Finally, another wheat. It was funny, but none of these coins gave a really good signal -- all kind short quiet sounds. That was near the beginning of my hunt. Then I went to an area that yielded me nothing (where I found the 2 V's a few days ago). Finally, on my way back, I got a really deep signal that was definitely Wheatie and it was. It was probably a good 9 inches. I am guessing that it is the 1924, though at the time I found all the wheats, I just checked their backs and not their dates. I do have several new places that I want to try, but there is something to be said with familiarity. Started September off with a silver, which is a good start.

IMG_2695.jpg

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to see the good 'ole location still givin up the goods. I've actually found all my silvers in only 4 sites this year. Pretty stoked about that. (except Birds) where I found my oldest. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
p2c

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Lookn4Seated said:
Nice to see the good 'ole location still givin up the goods. I've actually found all my silvers in only 4 sites this year. Pretty stoked about that. (except Birds) where I found my oldest. :thumbsup:

I remember that 1 Reale you got. Very hard to beat that unless you go to the East Coast or to Europe.

OP
OP
p2c

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
makton said:
Good job, Jon!
What is that in your avatar pic?

Todd

Todd,
I wish I had some good tale to tell, like it was an ancient family heirloom handed down to me from the pre-literate days of Ireland, but it was something I found Metal Detecting a couple weeks ago. I posted it here along with the coins. It was originally part of a ring, I think.

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice start to september Jon. Good call digging those signals that aren't always really good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread