My First Seated Half Dollar

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
Hi yall. Well I dug my first seated half dollar this weekend. It all started about a 2 months ago when I contacted American Coin Hunting and GOIO about me coming up to visit after being gone a year from the area. They told me to come on up and we would hit a few spots that they had been looking at. I made my flight arraingments, and after a few weeks and a nice uneventful flight I was sitting at ACH's (Dave) house drinking a few cold ones and eating Popeye's chicken. We got up at 530 in the morning and headed out to get GOIO and breakfast . We ate on the way to the first spot and discussed what we might find. Little did we know what was waiting for us. We got our gear on and headed out into the woods. We looked around, walked along a trail and decided to spread out and see what we could find. I turned on the Etrac, put the coil to the ground and got a signal right off the bat. It kept pinging at 7-47 at 3 inches so I decided that it was well worth digging up. ACH saw me checking the signal out and came over to see what I might have. I told him it was a 7-47 and we both knew what that might mean. I stuck the shovel into the dirt making sure I had plenty of room between it and the target. I flipped the plug and a disc popped right out. At first I thought I had a token, even when I first picked it up I thought it was lite for a half. I didnt want to get to excited but when I saw the eagle I knew I had a half dollar. It wasnt until I turned it over and cleaned some of the dirt off did I really know I had a Seated Half Dollar. My first and absolutely best find to date. I went on to find an additional 8 more silvers that day including a 1909 Barber dime, 2 mercs, 4 rosies and a Washington quarter.
It was a great time and a great weekend spent with two of my best friends in the metal detecting world. Once again I want to thank ACH and GOIO for the great times we had and the great hospitality that was shown to this Texan.
Thanks for looking. TMAN...
Full Dig captured by AmericanCoinHunting as well as Macro pictures below

Attachments

• Pic Obv.JPG
    Pic Obv.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 222
  • Pic rev.JPG
    Pic rev.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 222
  • Pic Obv.JPG
    Pic Obv.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 226
  • Pic rev.JPG
    Pic rev.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 219

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Very nice big shinie there Tman!

Super congrats and welcome back.

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
B I G C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S T M A N............Tho I wish I would have swung my coil over it first..
I'm Happy for you TMAN... Your first target up here this year Whoaaa......I'm just happy to get footage & a Full Dig of it ....Way To Go Man !
Tho I'd love to show the full video of your 9 silver day now...I have 5 other videos that I have to upload first...Including last weeks video & GOIO's finds at the same place...But I have to say...That was cool,being able to get you on a Full dig. And I had a Great time with you & Greg.
You're welcome at my home anytime .

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say it ...............B A N N E R F I N D !.......I hope many agree !

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
way to go T! she's a beaut! :thumbsup:

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, welcome back!!

Awesome half there :thumbsup: (maybe I'll be as lucky one of these days :D)

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
That's one gorgeous half dollar and very hard to come by. I have only found one in 43 years of hunting and that was on a court house lawn that dated to 1853 which is the date of the coin I found.

Congratulations and here's hop.ing you find many more. Rick :coffee2:

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW WOW WOW - AWESOME job buddy!!!! Man I wanted to get out hunting with you guys but I had to work fri & sat. Man thats the way to break your non silver streak!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread