Kiddie cache leads to kiddie ca$h

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
Hi everyone. Finally got out for most of the day today. I got out early Sun. am, but after only an hour, I couldn't take it anymore (waaaay too cold). My first hole today ended up being a wheatie stash. 9 regulars, and a steelie. Most were '40s and '50s, though there was a well-worn '21 and also a '39 among the group. Added 3 more wheats (all were '40s or '50s), and a little less than $2 in clad to close out the day. I've had real trouble locating silver on my last few outings, and am worried/pessimistic that even though I'm only 2 short of my 2011 goal, I might not make it. Most (if not all) of the spots that produced my good finds earlier in the year are drying up/hunted out. I'm having to resort to woods hunting (which HAS NOT been kind to me this fall), or risking it at some of the older spots in DA 'HOOD....anyway, pic of todays 13 wheaties is below. Here's to hoping the weather holds out for the rest of the year....I'm gonna try to get out again this Friday (the 16th); if anyone wants to go out then, just pm me. Thanks.

Attachments

• Picture 603.jpg
    Picture 603.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 872

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here dude... no silvers for me the last 5 times out... handful of wheaties though.

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
13 wheats is good Paul, NO place is hunted out. Hit those places again and
try different settings on your detector to find more goods. Works for me.

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Gimmie The Loot said:
Same here dude... no silvers for me the last 5 times out... handful of wheaties though.

Sounds like a majority of my 2011....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread