BEST PLACE 2 METAL DETECT IN COOK COUNTY ILLINOIS!!! - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: BEST PLACE 2 METAL DETECT IN COOK COUNTY ILLINOIS!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2004
    Troy X5
    64 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: BEST PLACE 2 METAL DETECT IN COOK COUNTY ILLINOIS!!!

give us a heads up when you guys know!!
    All animals are equal, but some are more equal then others. -George Orwell

us
    Sep 2006
    Mt Carmel, IL
    3 times
    Metal Detecting

Re: BEST PLACE 2 METAL DETECT IN COOK COUNTY ILLINOIS!!!

I'm in Des Plaines. Need new hunting grounds. Maybe we can get a few of us out to hunt.

us
    Jul 2013
    Chicago
    Fisher F70, White Goldmaster V/Sat
    1 times

Washington Park - Wrong and Additional Info

Quote Originally Posted by Tourezrick View Post
    The park on the South side called Washington Park is probably not a good place to go hunting - gang banger territory. Now, in suburban Homewood there was a horse track called Washington Park, and that might work well. The Joliet club - Will Co. recovery? Thinking about that one. I've had some luck at Site A in the Palos Forest preserve. Was out there yesterday (Wed. 11-29-06) with a friend, and then the skies opened on us. Long walk back to the cars in the rain.

Tourezrick
    I worked as a Chicago Police Sergeant for twenty years and Washington Park was in my area of responsibility. I and my friends have also detected there as well as many others I have seen detecting there. Washington Park is not what I could call gang banger terroritory to any to any degree that I would be afraid to go there. Washington park is adjacent to the campus of the University of Chicago, the University of Chicago Hospital, Hyde Park neighborhood, and a Illinois Army National Guard armory. Washington park is frequented by Whites, Blacks, Latinos and other ethnic groups. The gangs in the area have been greatly reduced due to the removal of public housing there in and around. The gangs that are active are most active in the neighborhoods adjacent to some areas of the park. During normal daylight hours its fine to go into the park, at night of course, the temptation arises for gang contact.

Also, although not well known the strip of land just south the University of Chicago campus (Midway Plaisance) is where the World's Fair: Columbia Exposition (also known as Chicago World's Fair) was held there in 1893. Research this and you find that a lot went on here and also in Washington Park. People find relics from this fair in the park and Plaisance. It would be wise to check ahead because I do not know the rules for metal detecting on the Plaisance. I will try it sometime soon and let you know if I get stopped.
    ROIGuy likes this.

us
    Jul 2013
    Chicago
    Fisher F70, White Goldmaster V/Sat
    1 times
    Can't metal detect Cook County Forest Preserves any more due to new ruling. If you get caught you will be fined even if all you are doing is carrying your detector around.

us
    Dec 2009
    pisgah forest, n.c.
    minelab e-trac and equinox 800
    45 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    dekalb park district parks are illegal too.

us
    May 2011
    Dekalb, IL
    E-Trac w/Sunray X-1 Probe & Auvio wireless headphones
    49 times
    Metal Detecting
    This is an old thread and a lot has changed since 2006.
    1">2017 Totals: 21 Clad / $1.85 / 1 Silver Coin / 2 Wheaties / 0 Rings 2011-16 Totals: 12,902 Clad / $1,094.43 / 301 Silver Coins / 590 Wheaties / 71 Rings

us
    Apr 2006
    DES PLAINES IL
    AVATAR: MY Wife Saying.... "Your going Metal Detecting
    264 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by CacheHunter2013 View Post
    Can't metal detect Cook County Forest Preserves any more due to new ruling. If you get caught you will be fined even if all you are doing is carrying your detector around.
    You never could " dig " in ccfp they just defined there " NO DIGGING"

THIS THREAD IS FROM 2006

GOTTA LOVE THIS HOBBY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Happy Hunting from Des Plaines IL ( D P Bob )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links