Old Presidential Election watch or key fob

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off, Hi to all. I pretty much took last year off from detecting because of work but did do a little panning out west with a few grains of the yellow stuff to show for it. I was lurking though from time to time (alot of new faces here).

Anyways, I went out to a place that I researched last year and never got a chance to check it out. It was deep in the woods. Had to use the gps and coordinates from Google earth to find it because it was about a mile in.

As soon as I got to the spot the iron was sounding off like crazy. Alot of old moss covered brick scattered around also. I should have brought the 5"DD with me.

Didn't find much today because of time retraints, and was only able to spend about 3 hours there. But I did find some lead, a bird tag. some old bottles and this cool presidential fob.

Alton B. Parker ran against Theodore Roosevelt in 1904 for President and lost in a landslide. One of the only presidential candidates that didn't have a biography written about him.

I'm going back to this spot for sure. There's going to be alot af goodies hiding there if I can pick thru the iron. It doesn't seem like anyones hunted this spot. Thanks for reading. Keep you posted :icon_thumright:
HH
John

Attachments

• Alton B Parker.jpg
    Alton B Parker.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 268

dbennett7

Aug 7, 2011
you can always go uot and find coins just about anyplace but it finds like that key fob that can make a good hunt into a freat hunt congrats on your find dennis

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Very cool find John. I'd have thought it was a custom baggage tag at first glance.

OP
OP
dirtyJohn

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dbennett7 said:
you can always go uot and find coins just about anyplace but it finds like that key fob that can make a good hunt into a freat hunt congrats on your find dennis
Thanks Dennis,
I agree, i love finding stuff like this too :icon_thumright:
HH
John
Mac232 said:
I like finds like that .

Mac
Thanks Mac :icon_thumright:
HH
John
Lowbatts said:
Very cool find John. I'd have thought it was a custom baggage tag at first glance.
Thanks Tim, At first I thought it was one of those FPD tags that I see some of the guys find or some kind of permit tag. I like it because he's a pretty obscure character in history.HH
John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread