Two more from the Nail Field

needle n haystack

Dec 20, 2009
Northern, IL
Detector(s) used
Etrac / ctx 30/30
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spend about 6 hrs in the Nail field to get two more indians, dug anything that beeped at 6". All but the two IH's were "My friend the Nail" Left and went to a younger park just so I could hear a normal signal got the Merc & token in about 20 min But for some reason I'd rather hunt for the possible seated or barber
My silver count is going to suffer from this obession!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........LOL

Attachments

• Picture 072A.JPG
    Picture 072A.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 109

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
If you need any help looking for them seated lemme know!

No such thing as futility when you're still pulling in oldies!

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TTF? I'm actually starting to enjoy it more and more. Congrats!, I'm sure it will pay off with a fantastic coin. I've been wearing the headphones just above the ears hunting in TTF and it helps a lot.

OP
OP
needle n haystack

needle n haystack

Dec 20, 2009
Northern, IL
Detector(s) used
Etrac / ctx 30/30
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TTF? I'm actually starting to enjoy it more and more. Congrats!, I'm sure it will pay off with a fantastic coin. I've been wearing the headphones just above the ears hunting in TTF and it helps a lot.

I have been using FTF because TTF you have to keep looking at the screen since theres only two tones. with the four tone it seems to narrow it down some. I just got a set of Black widow headphones you got to keep them low in ttf/ftf or you'll lose your mind. But when there so much iron that your theshold goes blank I like hearing the iron then when I get a higher tone I know there's iron around it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread