Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Everyone - made it out for a final April hunt last night and was hoping to increase my April silver coin count from 2. Twas not to be. Silver coins hid from me pretty good in April! Managed a deep 8" sterling ring though. It gave a bouncing high tone but was consistent enough to go for it. I also had to stop to empty my trash pouch during the hunt so the garbage in the pic is only half of it!

Does anyone else think that the long ornate piece is a side to an old pocket knife?

HH!

Attachments

• 04302012.JPG
    04302012.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 84
  • ring2.JPG
    ring2.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Ring.JPG
    Ring.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 83
  • PocketKnife.JPG
    PocketKnife.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 73

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the ring.........beer looks even better

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Hey, it's shiny and round!
Looks like an old pocket knife.

Pocket Spill

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Way to get a hunk of silver! I would agree with you assessment on the side plate to the pocket knife.

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice ring jason, i only see one hole in the ornate peice. are there more holes in it where rivets may have been?

OP
OP
Gimmie The Loot

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice ring jason, i only see one hole in the ornate peice. are there more holes in it where rivets may have been?

No more rivet holes but the back side without the hole does have little clasps that probably held onto something.

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice digs and a great lakes brew to end the hunt with!I miss finding quarters like that.

OP
OP
Gimmie The Loot

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs and a great lakes brew to end the hunt with!I miss finding quarters like that.

Hey Rob the brew is actually a homebrew IPA! I drank the Great Lakes while I was dumping out the pouch and preparing for the photo. I just tapped my 2012 Gold Huntin Hefe today! Man I finally nailed it! Its perfect! If you make it to the north side in the next few weeks stop by for some!

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Rob the brew is actually a homebrew IPA! I drank the Great Lakes while I was dumping out the pouch and preparing for the photo. I just tapped my 2012 Gold Huntin Hefe today! Man I finally nailed it! Its perfect! If you make it to the north side in the next few weeks stop by for some!

Great name for the brew and it sounds like a winner!Most definitely stop by to try some and I'll bring a bottle of Miles Davis *****es brew for you :occasion14:

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice ring!!!! MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread