Help me out folks

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
What is this thing? Looks about 1 inch tall, has loops on either side of the screw-in dabber and the links attached are all I could find of the chain that was once on it. I rubbed it and made three wishes before opening but forgot to include the knowledge of what this is as one of the wishes. Darn!
513mini_urn.jpg
A couple dog tags, a couple silvers, three 1944D wheaties, one 1919s wheatie and a no date buffalo come in as the best of the weekend so far on my account.

dbennett7

Aug 7, 2011
whatever it is it looks like a cool find congrats on the silver and the rest of your finds dennis

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Yep, I can't remember the 70's Floyd, was too busy stayin' alive, stayin' alive. But I will defer to your id as probable. Pefumed Hash Oil it is/was then!

Ammonhotep

Apr 21, 2012
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Lone Star, baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the little vials Mormon priests carry around. They carry small amounts of oil used in religious rites. However, the vials usually don't have a dauber and are slightly larger. Search google for "keychain vial" or "consecrated oil vial."

If you're not really in "Mormon country"--I can hear the jokes coming already--then I'd say it's more likely a perfume vial (http://www.findgreatstuff.com/pics/silver_vial_neaklace_300.jpg).

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread