4th trip to the local street tear up..Had to defend my hobby again..Some people !!!!

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed out after work again to the local street tear up in my town and....................

I'm getting tired of having to defend my hobby because of some person who thinks they have to stick thier nose into what I'm doing.
Lady ( about 50 ) ask me what I was doing. I said I was looking for old coins that people lost.
She says that there not mine to find.... ????????
What do you mean?
Well maybe the workers lost them and they will come back for them.....
What? There 3-4 inches in the ground and they were lost a while ago.
Well you look strange doing that and is that a knife you are carrying?
Well don't be doing that here. If there lost then you shouldn't be finding them....
?????
Mam...Don't worry to much about what I am doing...
Then she went off on a rampage....
I told she was the strange one by telling what she had said....Go into your house and worry about yourself cause I'm not doing anything against the law... I live around here and I pay my taxes for this land right here and I will continue to do what I'm doing and I will move on when I'm done.
She went into her house all pissed off....
I'm tired of people making it there business to what I'm doing.

At least 10 people have stopped and talked to me about it and 1 person has to be a %&#$*^$#@

It turned out pretty good again.
Found some goodies.
First off I got a 1959D Washington Quarter
A bunch of wheat pennies ( 12 in all )
Then a 1926 merc followed by a 1920 merc about 10 minutes later.
Some clad and again some junk....

Thanks for looking and at least I didn't have to deal with police again this time.

IMG_0553.JPG IMG_0554.JPG

Last edited:

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Those aren't yours to find"...lmao. Should have told her before they put in the street you lost the coins & now your just getting back the coins you lost years ago! What's she gonna say then?

I also would have asked her when she looses something if she looks for it because by her own words she shouldn't be looking for it cause if it's lost then it's not hers to find.

That's what you call a miserable person, I'm sure her life sucks & she hates it. Getting to gripe at you made her day as without that she would have been bored out of her mind.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread