Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do not know of what you speak, yet I find myself agreeing with you.

Last edited:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You people are in need of a slap in the face...

Perhaps education would be better than a slap in the face. Many problems with local ordinances is that they are enacted by ignorant people. Sorry to hear you have problems out there. We have many areas here that are off limits, too, and I think that there are many places in this country that are suffering similar conditions. As far as your thread title goes you gotta be careful with that too, since a lot of ignorant people also have herpes.

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha! I used to live there, and the crooked cops do not help much either.. /sigh

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
I was born and raised in Chicago. Got married and moved to an unincorporated area of Cook county. After a few yrs, I thought about the corruption going on in Chi-town, the county, and the state. I "Escaped" to Minnesota with the family....many yrs ago and am proud of it. I can now drive 3 miles to hunt waterfowl and deer. Oh Minnesota has its own political problems, but then most of Minnesota's residents are 'Red Necked' and don't really know about anything......or care.

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was having a bad day. I felt like going on a "rant". The whole metal detecting ban thing got me going. On the positive side I did hear from the guy at Windy City Detectors and he was telling me a permit type license is in the works. Well at least I live in Kane County were the forest preserve owns something like 40,000 acres. They own more land then almost all the counties in the state combined and to top it of half the 40,000 acres is in accessible to the public. Wow!

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
The major person who influenced me to get back into detecting was Treasure Fiend and his videos. He was from Cook County, and dug up wondrous finds. I bought an E-Trac, joined here, and then read that Cook County had made detecting illegal in city parks. Thus, Treasure Fiend hasn't updated his Youtube channel in over a year, and has essentially disappeared from the forum..... Pardon my earthy response, but I believe if Cook County ----- you, it would be completely unenjoyable........

Last edited by a moderator:

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This made me immediately think of a :laughing7:BLUES BROTHERS QUOTE; "I hate Illinois nazi's" - JAKE BLUES. :laughing7:

Last edited:

tinman68

Aug 5, 2011
vp il
Primary Interest:
Other
its not because the ban on cook county woods treasure fiend stopped making hunting videos a group of metal detecting Nazis were busting his balls about revealing secret inner circle bull crap (locations) its true his videos got a lot of people into this hobby .I also liked his supporting cast lookin 4 seated and ddub

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is everybody in a rant about the CCFP ... YOU COULD NEVER "DIG' IN THEM .... All they did was refine their wording and everybody is all hell bent over it... I have hunted them many of times with a lot of the guys on this forum and I HAVE BEEN KICKED OUT OF THE A COUPLE TIMES and I knew I was taking a chance .......BEFORE THE REWORDING IN April .... FIND SOME PLACE ELSE TO HUNT ......If all you ever hunted was woods then you must not be creative.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree there are many other places to hunt other then county parks. Not that I haven't done my far share of detecting them. It is a bummer Treasure Fiend quit detecting, hopefully the permit deal works out and he gets back. Strange how he just gave up, I couldn't of done that. I always thought it was his way of protesting the ban. When your watching detecting videos on Youtube of someone making great finds on the other side of the country that's cool but when its video of a fellow mder making awesome finds at your local park and you never find squat... Yeah I could see that bothering some people. I am lucky to have lots of open farm fields around me, lots of open land to swing the coil with permission of course.

seekandfind

Jul 7, 2012
northwest Indiana
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 101/505
ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
your in the woods, put your ear bud in one ear and go enjoy yourself, keep one ear open just in case barney comes by (not likely). Most times even if they do their just going to tell you to leave, and if not see you in court where it may(probably) will be tossed out. Now you have some decissions to make. Damn government!

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This made me immediately think of a :laughing7:BLUES BROTHERS QUOTE; "I hate Illinois nazi's" - JAKE BLUES. :laughing7:

We have both kinds of music here, Country and Western!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please remember we are a family friendly forum...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My fault, T.H. I started it. I get so frustrated sometimes. I just want to metal detect..... On the positive side looks like the powers that be in Cook County are willing to give the permit system a try. It has worked well for NYC. I'm just hoping and crossing my fingers on this one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread