Cabin Fever

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cleaned, polished, and sold my Etrac and now have a new CTX I'm fitting a case for... Now I"m rebuilding a finds pouch to fit my pinpointers.. This weather is just driving me NNNNNUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amxfred

May 14, 2011
Dekalb, IL
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Sunray X-1 Probe & Auvio wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't take much more! I sold my F70 and my backup E-Trac last week on Ebay. I have my other E-trac all polished up and ready to go. I bought a dozen new pair of digging gloves and a new pouch. Everything is ready to go!!! I think the snow is starting to melt this week and I am starting to feel alive again. Then it happened. My 60 year old left knee has went out and I got referred to a knee surgeon for evaluation. The pain is the worst it has ever been. I met with him yesterday and my surgery is scheduled for March 13th. Now it does not matter if the snow melts or not for me. Why didn't my knee go out in November or December? Bad luck on the timing I guess. Well I guess if my knee gets better I will have to double up on the hunts to make up for my downtime. Sometime life sucks but I guess it could be a lot worse so I shouldn't complain.

OP
OP
Dave~IL

Dave~IL

Sep 4, 2011
S. Elgin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
amxfred, I too am 60 and have problems with my neck. Get all stiff after a couple hours of swinging. But I'll be out there as sure as the sun shines. Good luck with your surgery and a speedy recovery.

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the very last day of August I have played in the dirt 60 summers... Fred I would also get a second opinion and try the most un-invasive type you can get.. I to have a bad left knee or what is left of it.. Most of it is a piece of my pelvic bone.. Wasn't anything big enough to put together.. 5 major and a few minors to get me out of the wheelchair.. Like I said get a second opinion..

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3
Amxfred, I hope your surgery went well. I was involved in many sports in the past....Football 12 yrs, softball 42yrs, tennis 51 yrs, etc......most of it in Illinois. Well eventually I got a metal knee. Have it for 16 yrs now...no problems. The best thing is that when I'm around some of my grandkids, I "detect" their knees -- no sound, then I detect my knee -- BEEP, BEEP! They really enjoy that but really don't understand 'a metal knee'.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my detector's still sitting on the shelf collecting dust :(

cleaning it & getting ready will not only Frustrate me,
But may Jinx things even worse then they already are

no sign of winter ending here yet

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled4.jpg

OP
OP
Dave~IL

Dave~IL

Sep 4, 2011
S. Elgin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
More snow on the 15th and 2 more weeks of below normal temps.:censored:

Really makes it hard to dig. One good thing, grounds to hard to plant campaign signs for upcomming election.

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After the election take them and use for targets...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread