Check this out...

Dave~IL

Sep 4, 2011
S. Elgin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't read Italian, but I noticed the caduceus on the uniforms shoulder. The Doc. stached away some nice stuff after the war. I'd like to taste the Rum.

OP
OP
DPBOB

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My computer ask me if I want it translated.
Here's the English words.

[h=1]Finding of the Second World War[/h]Beautiful discovery, which took place in Russia, dating back to World War II. It might seem a discovery made ​​by a hobbyist, one of the many users of metal detectors , and instead of finding the authors are Russian soldiers.
In Russia, it is the duty of soldiers to explore all the areas that have been involved in the conflict of the Second World War. Searches are spread throughout the eastern front in Russia, which between 1941 and 1945 he also participated in the Second World War.
Here you are not new to such findings have already been found guns, tanks and even entire mines that were abandoned during the conflict. Some of these have been found in Russia, while others in countries that currently call the Ukraine and Byelorussia. But back to the discovery of the moment: the Russian soldiers, during one of the usual inspections have found a chest, buried a few inches deep.
Once you open the chest were found well preserved, documents and uniforms of a German captain, in the group of veterinarians. On the uniform is in fact perfectly possible to read the inscription "H. St. V "which stands for" Hauptmann Stabs Veterinär. " In addition to the complete uniform, there are a pair of boots, two hats military documents, civilian clothing, boxes of cigars and bottles of rum.
The case has been closed for many years and has allowed us to retain all the objects found in perfect condition, with no signs of deterioration. It is a real treasure, not only for collectors, but for all lovers and history buffs, just like us, metal detectoristi. I leave you now with the photos of the discovery.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread