ILLINOIS Forum is not what it use to be.. I DARE YOU TO REPOST SOME GOOD OUTINGS

silverseeker 2

Greenie
Aug 30, 2013
Berkeley
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CZ3D, Whites Eagle sl 90, Explorer 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunted a lot with them and in the woods. So your calling me a moron too. That had nothing to do with the shutting it down. YOU NEVER COULD " DIG " in the forest preserves.. I knew that and so did everyone else. I was breaking the law just as much as you were if you hunting in them..... and as far as them being an ASSET. They ARE...... Take the ET off the asset Silverseeker2 and that is what you are... Silverseeker2 you live right by DUPAGE CO forest preserves why don't you go hunt them......OH wait they couldn't be hunted long before they the CCFP redefined their wording.....I wonder why you don't Bi***h and blame people for that.......

Bob, was away in Minnesota and got back and read your sad excuse for your Bud's. Assets they are NOT! I can deal with you calling me an ass as it
shows your true Character. I met you at York high School one day as obviously your mind fails you. All you are is a Cherry Picker detectorist
and I an Honored to hunt behind you any day of the week because what you left on the lot in Berkeley next to McDonalds is now in my POUCH!!!
I found plenty Mr. E-Trac. How's it feel to have a Forum all to yourself Big Boy with the newbies giving you respect...
C'mon Bob, Yes it's always been a law but rarely enforced until you and your Buds tore up every area you guys were in. I hunt with 'Ol Timers"
that hunted Cook County woods forever and now it's finished. Personally I never called you a Moron but if the shoe fits Oh well! Treasure clubs
hunted those woods forever with no problems until you and your gang tore it up. Quit the B.S. Bob and get real. Have fun on your lonely Illinois site here and I will be gone from here Mr. Cherry picker. True Hobbyist in Cook County have your number Big Boy!!! See Ya in the field one day I HOPE
and I'll be hunting right behind you without you knowing who I am... Have a Great year Hunting Bob...
silverseeker 2 (Berkeley, Illinois)

OP
OP
DPBOB

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob, was away in Minnesota and got back and read your sad excuse for your Bud's. Assets they are NOT! I can deal with you calling me an ass as it
shows your true Character. I met you at York high School one day as obviously your mind fails you. All you are is a Cherry Picker detectorist
and I an Honored to hunt behind you any day of the week because what you left on the lot in Berkeley next to McDonalds is now in my POUCH!!!
I found plenty Mr. E-Trac. How's it feel to have a Forum all to yourself Big Boy with the newbies giving you respect...
C'mon Bob, Yes it's always been a law but rarely enforced until you and your Buds tore up every area you guys were in. I hunt with 'Ol Timers"
that hunted Cook County woods forever and now it's finished. Personally I never called you a Moron but if the shoe fits Oh well! Treasure clubs
hunted those woods forever with no problems until you and your gang tore it up. Quit the B.S. Bob and get real. Have fun on your lonely Illinois site here and I will be gone from here Mr. Cherry picker. True Hobbyist in Cook County have your number Big Boy!!! See Ya in the field one day I HOPE
and I'll be hunting right behind you without you knowing who I am... Have a Great year Hunting Bob...
silverseeker 2 (Berkeley, Illinois)
I believe your name was Jim......I don't believe a word you say about next to McDonalds. That was 50 plus silver place for me and about 12 for a friend. I doubt that you found much since I had well over 60 hours there. Jim go bit** about dupage and not CookCo.. Never hunted York HS... But I do remember you from the big property that is now a day care center...... I remember you calling me and all the other guys " LEGENDS " cause of all the killer finds that have been posted......

Last edited:

RTom

Greenie
Jun 6, 2006
Dupage,Il
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / CZ6 / CZ20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We would still be hunting cook country if people only knew how to fill in their holes. Behind Proviso East all along the river off north ave. Pitiful hole everywhere everyone seems to be in to big of a hurry to find it all. And that is why we can no longer hunt these areas

silverseeker 2

Greenie
Aug 30, 2013
Berkeley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We would still be hunting cook country if people only knew how to fill in their holes. Behind Proviso East all along the river off north ave. Pitiful hole everywhere everyone seems to be in to big of a hurry to find it all. And that is why we can no longer hunt these areas

KUDOS RTom,
You hit the nail on the head and we know the culprits.... Have a Great year hunting! silverseeker 2

tinman68

Aug 5, 2011
vp il
Primary Interest:
Other
now its getting good if you cant communicate then all that's left is to aggravate (name calling and belittling)keep up the good work bob

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blah Blah Blah someones crying yellow tears in there pants Bob, hey didn't you know the Cook County Board President Tony Prickwinkle had a personal vendetta towards little ole me? So she put the kibosh on me by copying the coller counties and adding detecting to the no digging rules already on the books for the preserves, yep thats the only logical explanation... I killed MD'ng the preserves for the millions of residents in Cook County!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Better watch out fellas, I have park & beach videos too, they might be next...... :BangHead:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silverseeker, please read our rules and follow them or don't post at all. You can not attack other members or insult them....

Last edited:

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blah Blah Blah someones crying yellow tears in there pants Bob, hey didn't you know the Cook County Board President Tony Prickwinkle had a personal vendetta towards little ole me? So she put the kibosh on me by copying the coller counties and adding detecting to the no digging rules already on the books for the preserves, yep thats the only logical explanation... I killed MD'ng the preserves for the millions of residents in Cook County!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Better watch out fellas, I have park & beach videos too, they might be next...... :BangHead:

Ahh yes ol cook country. T.F. I know it's not your area but your more then welcome to hit up some woods in my area. Most private private property were no government agency can shut you down like that.

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems possible we are actually the point we/ you stress is counter active.

OP
OP
DPBOB

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRY BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WAIT DID I SAY CRY BABIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yes that's what they are......

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I return after a 2 year hiatus and I still see people are trolling. As a charter member, I see others don't see, and as I'm writing this, 4 people are trolling this very thread. Just an FYI….it was never TF, DW,or myself that led to these bans…..it was you freakin' trolls that bloodhounded us and left a mess after yourselves. Trust us…..we have encountered several of you….

PrairieProwler…you're right, you're not the only ones finding stuff….I'm having some of the best finds I've had since beginning this hobby, but I will not be sharing with this group anymore…it seems like people don't want to take the time and do their research.. they just want to troll this site seeing what others are finding and where, and ambush their site. I've caught several lurkers doing so already!

DP Bob- you're a stand up guy with the rest of the "old"gang (you know who you are). Thanks for standing behind us, as you know what the real truth is. And you're right, Illinois forum is NOT what it used to be.

SilverSeeker…..and that's what you are…not a "FINDER," Accuse me to my face, and stop being a keyboard commando as you are known for. I take you up on your challenge to hunt behind me. Your spot though, not mine! Better yet, let's do it in one of your "hunted out" spots. And if you've physically seen me digging and not accepting of my techniques, than you should have confronted me about it as I confront several detectorists. Otherwise, don't assume. It makes you out to be a CREEPY, Spying, Shady individual.

Rant over. Signing out for the next 2 years! Due to my ethical approach to metal detecting, I now have access to thousands of acres of private land that I am detecting.

P.S. For all of you that are still hunting the Cook County Forest Preserves, I see you when I take my daughter to watch the deer. Next time you're out, make sure you're looking over your shoulders. Yeah, I then walk over to take a look at the plugs you're digging! Take your trash and cover your hole or you'll get a swift kick in the ass next time I see you digging!

bilt46

Oct 11, 2008
around town
Detector(s) used
CZ5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking to see more pics with all the replys.......... The Woods problem - The stewards of the woods have Big eyes and mouths.........

silverseeker 2

Greenie
Aug 30, 2013
Berkeley
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Seated, Mr. Talley coin counter,
You are highly mistaken as far as me being a FINDER. I hunted Ol Bob's lot in my town and found plenty of goods after he says
he cleaned it out. LMAO. As far as inviting you to do a hunt, FORGET about it as I have no desire to hunt with you or your kind.
You'll never give me a swift kick in the AS* because I follow all the ethics of treasure hunting just like you. When I leave an area
you'll never know I've been there unlike your kind. So enjoy your 1,000 acres and let us know in 2 years what you have found .
No HARD FEELINGS!!!!
silverseeker 2

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen please end it now!

tinman68

Aug 5, 2011
vp il
Primary Interest:
Other
can we let it go one for just a little longer please:violent1: its the most life the Illinois forum has had in two plus years and with winter coming I need something to keep me busy :laughing7:

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bob, How's the Knee? These tokens found a few years back in the same spot - the green one was from the evening before, not sure the pics will show. I lost most all of my past pics on an old puter..
attachment.php
attachment.php

That top left blank token... i have the same one found in Lincoln Park. Any idea what it is?

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man - what a post! Been years since I've checked in on the Ole Illinois page just to see some BS arguing.

I got into the game in what, 2009? Bob, L4S, TreasureFiend, and that crew welcomed me in with their hunts only after I proved myself to be legit. From the beginning those guys explained ethics and how to cover holes, respect the land, leave no trace etc... the only thing I hated about the videos was that they never showed the trash they dug! For months I thought I sucked at detecting... wondering why they find so many coins when I dig pull tabs and screw caps all day! Because of them I always show my trash pile whenever I post good digs!

I'll re-post an old story...http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/illinois/309363-2-large-cents-one-day.html

Not sure how to make it show up inside this post.

Last edited:

bilt46

Oct 11, 2008
around town
Detector(s) used
CZ5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gimmie How you been? I am not sure what it was for... I found a lot of blank ones I am guessing something was glued on or painted....BillT.

dbennett7

Aug 7, 2011
Hey Seated, Mr. Talley coin counter,
You are highly mistaken as far as me being a FINDER. I hunted Ol Bob's lot in my town and found plenty of goods after he says
he cleaned it out. LMAO. As far as inviting you to do a hunt, FORGET about it as I have no desire to hunt with you or your kind.
You'll never give me a swift kick in the AS* because I follow all the ethics of treasure hunting just like you. When I leave an area
you'll never know I've been there unlike your kind. So enjoy your 1,000 acres and let us know in 2 years what you have found .
No HARD FEELINGS!!!!
silverseeker 2
i do not know you but i have hunted with looking for seated and as far as i am concerned he was a standup guy i think the woods being shut down was because of beurorcratic reasons the big reasons are there just is not a lot of places to hunt like their was it has gotten a lot more difficult to find the easy spots like it was mentioned those that do the reasearch will still do well if you just follow where people are going you will be just following the pack again do not know you so i will not comment on anything about you or the way you hunt but unless you know these people yourself you should not judge

makton

Mar 5, 2008
New Lenox, Il
Detector(s) used
Explorer II with 10x12 SEF
I too have hunted alongside those guys and would vouch for their MD ethics....I certainly don't see anyone backing SS2!
I truly believe that it was all the tv shows that gave negative publicity to the hobby. I really don't believe CCFP board members were watching
forums and Youtube saying these people are tearing up our woods and parks, let's start to enforce a law that is already on the books.
Seems a little silly to me. The FP cops you would run into never said they had any complaints but always wanted to know how you did and what you found.
It seems odd to me that he can blame others when he doesn't even know anything about them.

Makton

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread