ILLINOIS Forum is not what it use to be.. I DARE YOU TO REPOST SOME GOOD OUTINGS

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to watch you guys bicker as I am pulling 005.JPG

OP
OP
DPBOB

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys thanks for the old pics .......Chuck one wait two oh wait three UP FOR THE GOOD GUYS.......not many for the bad one!!!!!!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen, if you know me you know I don't play this game. End the insults now....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TagLemonJuiced.jpg

Can't find too many old pictures. they must be on an external hard drive somewhere around here... here is a 1911 Horse Tax Plate I found in Chicago probably in 2011. 100 years after it was used!

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FirstSilverEver.jpg FirstSilverEver2.jpg

First silver ever - Found during Field of Fools hunt. I'll never forget it... as the group was packing up their cars to head to the next site I pulled this BBQ using Soupie's Etrac! Coin was sticking out of the ground - surprised it wasn't a surface find for someone!

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey there fellow Illinosians. Well maybe were a little lame because we don't have Civil War, or Roman Coins and Spears. But we do have history.

I bought an AT PRO in September, and have been doing a thorough investigation of my town. Coal town established in 1890. Some of my finds in just my yard include IH's, silver coin, 2 tokens. I know it's not much, but I've been spending more time learning the machine, so next year I'll be more confident.

What I am excited about is I've uncovered aerial photograph's of the town from 1950's. When the coal company closed, there were 3000 people. Today, there is just under 600. So the first thing I noticed, was there are a couple of hundred houses that are no longer there. You can also see where the old rail lines and spur lines came through town. I have to cringe when I see some of the really good places, that are now covered up by asphalt. But there are many places to hunt.

As of today, I have 12 homeowners that will allow me to hunt there property. I also have an entire school property to hunt. (Helps that I work there) And I also have 2 100+ yr. old farms to hunt.

So I am looking forward to a real good year next year.

If I'm not MDing, I'll be looking for Arrowheads and North American Artifacts.

We do have history, we just need to really start pulling it up. But hey, it's not a competition, It's all about the find.

Look for me next year!:occasion14:

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! I kinda liked some of the back and forth going on, Keeps the blood flowing. Haven't been on here for quite awhile myself. I don't know but suspect just simple Bureaucratic laziness for closing down the CCFP. They took Lake county FP away before that where I live and others. The CCFP was the last to fall. It's just easier to ban something then having to apply any mental energy to deal with it. I've been pushed off the land into the water for the most part these days but still have some secret spots that I hunt. Anyways here are some pics from the past.
HH
John
buckle and wheat front.jpg buckle and wheat back.jpg mve-rhkjwrg-500.jpg calvary hat pin.jpg barber buffalo004.jpg Canadian LC.jpg Fanchon Rouge side.jpg lock 2.jpg barber front and back.jpg BIGFOOTxSASQUATCHxCOLLAGE16xlarge.jpg
The bottom right was my hunting buddy for awhile. Had to ditch her though. She liked to claim jump.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread