DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed out to do a little dirtfishing with my childhood friend Prairie Prowler on Sunday......I researched an old school house and we headed over there to do some door knocking.
Drove up to the property and there was a guy out front. Some small talk and then Bam popped the question about detecting and he said have at for an hour cause he had guest coming over. Within 10 minutes I had an 1899 IH , 10 minutes later I had 2 more, a 1901 and then an 1890 (which looks like it was dropped in 1890 ).. 5 minutes late I dug up crossed cannon insignia pin ( believed to be WW1 ) . PP got a few old wheats... We hunted for about 45 minutes but we were welcome to come back anytime......Ate lunch then hit up a property near a school and Bam !!!!!! Prairie Prowler hit a real nice coin spill with a 1902 Barber Quarter a 1900 Barber Dime and a 1916 Buffalo Nickel..... Love it when a day of hunting has good finds......

Old School House with Bill D 001.JPG Old School House with Bill D 003.JPG Old School House with Bill D 002.JPG Prairie Prowlers >>> Bills coin spill.jpg Bills coin spill 2.jpg

Last edited:

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic hunt, congratulations.

Spectacular condition on those Indians.

bilt46

Oct 11, 2008
around town
Detector(s) used
CZ5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Hunt - Like the Cannon's pin....The Indian's look in good condition....BillT.

OP
OP
DPBOB

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bill and OWK