DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other day my wife's cousin, who just turned 38, took his own life by walking in front of a train. The signs were there cause a month ago he tried it by overdosing on his meds.
He could not deal with a lot of the pressure from that was happening in his life. He got married a year ago, then was in the process of getting a house when he tried to take his life. He moved into the house and the pressure of having the house got to him again. I'm sure there was more going on too. He has had a mental illness for many years but was dealing with it and doing very good with it.
What I don't understand is that he can make that decision and have the strength and courage to walk in front of a train , but not have that strength to go talk with someone.
It's very hard with all the "only if I could have " . I hope and pray the he found that better place . You will be missed . Til we meet again , We love you. RIP Brian.

1794596_1144644238898924_3256069003913118807_n.jpg

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a tough one to try to answer, Truly Sorry for the pain and the loss. Prayers are with you.

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear this news, these situations are never easy.prayers with you..

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Condolences on the loss to your family, Bob. It's always tougher when questions go unanswered. I've handled 3 train suicides in my career. Never an easy thing to deal with. 😞

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No words.... thoughts and prayers are all I have to give.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
The other day my wife's cousin, who just turned 38, took his own life by walking in front of a train. The signs were there cause a month ago he tried it by overdosing on his meds.
He could not deal with a lot of the pressure from that was happening in his life. He got married a year ago, then was in the process of getting a house when he tried to take his life. He moved into the house and the pressure of having the house got to him again. I'm sure there was more going on too. He has had a mental illness for many years but was dealing with it and doing very good with it.
What I don't understand is that he can make that decision and have the strength and courage to walk in front of a train , but not have that strength to go talk with someone.
It's very hard with all the "only if I could have " . I hope and pray the he found that better place . You will be missed . Til we meet again , We love you. RIP Brian.

View attachment 1232456

This is the second story I've heard lately about walking in front of a train-suicide. Not being inside either person's head, it's not that hard to understand the actual method of ending life being so extreme. Half-dying and staying alive for that individual person(s) would surely be hell.

The description highlighted in yellow background can only be understood by someone who has truly been inside this level of mental state. My family tree has had a suicide not long ago, and I'm reading more of them each day.

The USA medical system fails in mental help through insurance.

silverseeker 2

Greenie
Aug 30, 2013
Berkeley
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CZ3D, Whites Eagle sl 90, Explorer 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob,
Prayers sent and know these are trying times in a situation like this. I know what you are going through as I have experienced
the same situation. Stay strong and keep the FAITH. Will pray for you and your wife and family. It's life's losses that soften our hearts...
God Bless and you have my Sincere apology from the past. Take Care...
silverseeker 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread