artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a total newbie, but me and the kids have really been enjoying the thrill of the hunt..haven't found anything spectacular so far, just some pottery shards and old bed springs. It's really a good thing to do with the girls as hubby works on Saturdays and it's a good history lesson for the kids. I'd really like to find a like minded group that would be interested in hunting Lake/McHenry Counties. Any takers? I'd also like some suggestions of good places to look, because, as already stated, I'm pretty new, and so far, unsuccessful. The kids and I would be so thrilled to make our first discovery and could really use some help.

OP
OP
artemis moon

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you know of some likely spots? If not, I have a farm field in mind, although I need to get permission first. It's located in Volo, IL. How are Saturdays for you?

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
need a little notice,but there usually ok,we're having a group hunt this sat,interested?

OP
OP
artemis moon

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
saw that you guys are hunting this weekend...wish I could, but my daughter's graduation is that day. I'm out of town next weekend. The good news is that my kids are going to be at grandma's for the week of 6/14-6/22. We could meet up after work during the week (except Monday and Tuesday) or that Saturday, 6/23. Long term plans are not my thing, but so far, that's what's going on here. Let me know what works for you.
Dawn

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check out something called "HILLS FORT"on the internet,its down state,got permission but its about 5 hours away

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art moon-- FYI Wauconda has some real hotspots for arrowheads etc. I grew up there and found my first ones there!! This area had alot of activity due to the Lake Good-Luck ..BTK

OP
OP
artemis moon

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BillytheKidd said:
Art moon-- FYI Wauconda has some real hotspots for arrowheads etc. I grew up there and found my first ones there!! This area had alot of activity due to the Lake Good-Luck ..BTK

Thanks for the info.-I've suspected that our little town might have some goodies, but I've looked and looked and found nothing. Give me a hint-did you find them in/around the lake, or in the outlying fields? Of course, to be honest, now that I've got my detector, I haven't had an awful lot of time to dedicate to arrowhead hunting. I will relay this to my kids though!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread