digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
Same here. Relic's and old coins. I lined up a couple of permissions last year. I've been out to both last year. They have both been in the same family since 1865. The first one, the house burned down in 1973. End of last year, I found my earliest coin, a 1835 LC. The earliest coin I had found before that was a '35 wheat, so I'm thinking there must be more there. The second property was built in 1865. There use to be a railroad stop right at the house, (tracks aren't there anymore, but you can see where it was on Google Earth. The story that's been handed down, is that a relative of Abe Lincoln stayed there during his campaign. Still looking for evidence of that, but I wonder if there maybe some Lincoln campaign stuff somewhere there. There should be some old coinage and there was one place along the edge of the corn, that I actually started uncovering a tractor lol. Talk to the owner, and he said, yep we buried everything. And I'm thinking, hopefully the money too!

These are over in Essex. If your interested, let me know and maybe we can set something up.

I've had the ATP for about a year, and still learning it's secret's, but it's a nice machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread