South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm heading to McCormick Place next week, staying at a hotel across from Grant Park. Weather looks promising, won't have a car. Are any of the lakeside parks ok to metal detect? I use a small hand digger and frisbee to do surgical coin extractions with no dirt residue.

Or if anyone can let me know of a link to Chi metal detecting laws, that would be awesome. Thx!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I'm heading to McCormick Place next week, staying at a hotel across from Grant Park. Weather looks promising, won't have a car. Are any of the lakeside parks ok to metal detect? I use a small hand digger and frisbee to do surgical coin extractions with no dirt residue.

Or if anyone can let me know of a link to Chi metal detecting laws, that would be awesome. Thx!

pa-dirt_nc-sand, You're in luck : I don't tell this to too many people, but it is I, yes I, that own all the lakeside parks there. And as such, I authorize you to metal detect. No .... don't thank me ... it's the least I can do for my fellow md'ing brethren.

Just go at low traffic times so as to avoid lookie-lou busy-bodies. And if anyone asks, you're looking for the boy-scout ring you lost there . But if they still hassle you, just tell them: "Tom_in_CA" said you could.

Good luck ! Post your finds :)

OP
OP
pa-dirt_nc-sand

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Tom. It's pretty clear cut in Pittsburgh, county parks are a go, state parks are a no.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread