Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only one...figure out a way to get into the old Ft. Sheridan! 😂 Seriously...welcome aboard from about 120 miles S/W. 🙋

NSR60

Mar 26, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is rather off topic, but I lived on Arthur Court a long time ago (as in watching Garfield Goose, and Suzy Snowflake at Christmas time). I wasn't old enough to have lost any change, but I'd be interested in hearing what you find around there. HH.

CoinCidence

Oct 4, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in the Round Lake area.
I haven't done any detecting out your way. Has to be one of the best areas around though,due to how long people have been there.

I did how ever, as a kid, find a Little Fort bicentennial coin, while digging in my yard.
It's what got me into coin hunting : )
Not actual coin I found (mine got stolen in burglary)

Attachments

• s-l225.jpg
    s-l225.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 217

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waukegan has some great spots especially the old parks (bad neighborhoods usually). The more east towards the lake the better. It was called Little Fort, goes back to the late 1600's. i tried the are just outside the Harbor where there used to be a neighborhood. Lots of trash. The parks have produced some goodies (usually have to go into the wooded areas. Good luck!

HH
John

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi.

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived in Waukegan back in the early 60's. The good thing about Waukegan if I remember right is it has lots of side walks. I would try the curb strips around the schools. I went to Andrew Cook school and lived on Bluff st so we would walk through the ravine next to the school.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread