Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Goio

Sep 15, 2003
All over!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-Trac, Excalibur II
Hi TF,

I always check the mint mark before I clean my wheats and if they are commom wheats then I use a brass brush. I also like to leave some dirt on them, it gives them character!! :icon_farao:

Check this out, good reading!! :thumbsup: http://www.hdwt.net/clean.html

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a rock tumbler ($20 at Harbor freight) and get some aquarium gravel fill the tub halfway with the gravel then put enough cold water in to cover the rocks by 1/2 an inch then add vinegar and salt. Let it tumble for a few hours and you'll be amazed how clean they turn. I do all my clad that way but not anything valuable although it seems to not be very abrasive .

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I use potatoes. Cut them into slices big enough for the penny to fit into and then leave them for a while. Check on them every few hours.

You can also use and SOS pad, they make them with Lemon now, as long as they aren't key dates or anything.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Thumbler's tumbler for all the common stuff. Until I find super wheatie they all go through the same tumbling. A little soap, some playground sand from the backyard and water. About 45 minutes a load and it's all good. Indians I use electrolysis, sonic cleaner, olive oil, all depends on the amount and type of crud on the coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread