Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Few hours hunt netted a wopping 11 cents clad (1 dime + 1 mem) down at 6" and a pistol slug and a million beer/pulltabs. Old coins are out there, but just out of my reach... >:(

One of my last targets, I dug the plug and I saw what looked to be a silver rim slightly poking out of the side, but when I got it out it was another deep beer cap.

ACE250

May 20, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, Fisher, Minelab, Compass.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't give up.. Its out there... 8)

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Yeah, you got skunked, but you got out! Got two shoe buckles (I think) yesterday, old style, matching, about 100 yards apart. A couple more watch faces, NO coinage.

Had several of Elgin's finest roll up to see, also! But they had more pressing business at the crack house across the street from where I was hunting. Fellas running out this way and that, all before 7:00 a.m. It was like, detecting and a show...

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, you gotta love the crackheads... ;D

Goio

Sep 15, 2003
All over!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-Trac, Excalibur II
TreasureFiend said:
Few hours hunt netted a wopping 11 cents clad (1 dime + 1 mem) down at 6" and a pistol slug and a million beer/pulltabs. Old coins are out there, but just out of my reach... >:(

One of my last targets, I dug the plug and I saw what looked to be a silver rim slightly poking out of the side, but when I got it out it was another deep beer cap.

Hey TF,

it was some tuff hunting yesterday! those darn mosquito's and flies didn't make it any easier :tard: that last dig you did was pretty exciting specially when that silver rim showed up from deep in the dirt. too bad it was a beer cap but it was a nice rush, I really thought it was going to be like a silver half or quarter :o . We'll get them next time! :thumbsup:

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
You know, there are days during the late winter, where I've been confined to the indoors for months, unable to detect, where the thought of digging just a bottlecap makes me feel happy and warm...

I hate those days.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread