Kane County Fairgrounds

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
They have been dug out and are being filled with concrete and pavement. Looks like the WHOLE yard at that. Wondering if anyone hereabouts has had a chance at it or knows the whereabouts of the removed dirt. I do know they would not let anyone MD inside the grounds, only the parking areas outside for as long as I can remember. I did hunt the grounds however one year with my older kid after the fair and the grounds people there at the time were supportive and friendly, but all other detectorists were told they could not hunt inside. I did real good that day.

Pretty sure that was because they called and asked, I showed up and asked. Now I'm wondering, what did they do with that dirt?

Anybody get a shot at it yet?

Its probably at the same place that Kane Co. parks there plows and stuff at (public works/street dept.) not sure where that is. I know here in DeKalb and Sycamore they take all there street/sidewalk project dirt to the public works area.

If you find it let me know, I will be glad to help you sift through that pile :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions