A couple of interesting finds

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds!!! :thumbsup:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
OP
OP
dirtyJohn

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Lowbatts
Yeah the buckle is way to big for the watch. I put a full size Bic lighter next to it in the pic to provide scaling. It's about 3 1/2" x 3 1/2". The Lord elgin watches do look similar to the watch I found.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
If you can get the back cover off then the framework inside may be in good enough condition to determine exact mfr of the piece. If Elgin, then the serial number if still present can determine exactly when it was made. Was this old roadbed or recently excavated? Sounds like goooood diggins!

OP
OP
dirtyJohn

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lowbatts said:
If you can get the back cover off then the framework inside may be in good enough condition to determine exact mfr of the piece. If Elgin, then the serial number if still present can determine exactly when it was made. Was this old roadbed or recently excavated? Sounds like goooood diggins!
There is no back cover the body is one piece. They must have dropped the works through the top part of the watch. Yes, this was old roadbed. I didn't have a lot of luck there saturday but maybe there's more there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread