Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
I might "swing" by on Sunday night...maybe. I've got Monday off but I will not be available to detect that day. We'll see.

Joe

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Looks like it's Sunday afternoon. Get there in the middle of the show or come early, stay all day and go to the hunting as soon as the blankets come up. There's gonna be about a quarter million reasons to beep. Or is that million quarters? Don't know, don't care, gonna get mine.

Mike and I will be there, hopefully we can fly Bomber away from the cookout scene and Goio and TMan also are possibles. Plan on a time to meet up at or around the boathouse, and a theme for the day as well. Lemme know!

Bring the kids for the show, keep 'em around to do your digging for you! Let's hit it and get it!

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keep me in the "loop",i'm not sure but i think me'n mike have a date ::)

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
C'mon folks, time to fill your pockets with quarters. Bomber, pm if you need a ride. Murph, gonna make it?

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that sounds like fun, but I have to be at work at 7pm on Sunday... Hope you all find tons of stuff!!!

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Mikey n me had a fun time at the beach, almost all to ourselves. Well if you don't count the million or so air show freaks. Filled our pouches with easy pickens, our eyes with candy and our funny bones with some of the city's great head cases!

The coil cam is not part of the function anymore so you'll have to imagine the case(s) of young scantily clad gals who wanted to be "searched", and ohhhh all the places my coil went today....

Mike got some bangles so it's back to Claire's Boutique for someone this week, he got a phone too. I was redistributing found Hot Wheels to the self-ascribed disadvantaged youths at the beach, and we both spent way too much on parking and food to make it worthwhile but still left grinning like idiots. Hey, you don't think...

Told those who wanted to get too close we were searching for and recovering dog droppings, used diapers, etc.. Told those who we wanted to get closer to we needed to find caps for orphaned bottles under their blankies.
Told those who asked, "Do those things really work?"

"Nope, just doing this for attention. Have some basic need to get noticed."

mikelb

Jul 23, 2004
LMAO Tim good descriptions of events.Flicking the used diaper at a group of young men who asked if i found anything and i said"yeah check out this load"and proceeded to flick a used Huggies diaper at them with my coil.It landed right in the middle of them and they each screamed like little girls...told them if they were gonna stand in a circle they needed a Hackey Sac! ;DGot home and the wife wanted to know what i found and i said about 8 bucks in change 3 bracelets and a Cel phone.She goes that's it? and i proceeded to tell her the real treasure was all hard bodies and boobies out on the beach and the two hot chics making out with each other in front of me. :thumbsup:

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Nice to hear you guys did well at the beach. I heard the show attracted over two million people, holy crap. That's almost as many people as silver coins Goio has found this year.

I've got to ask- did the cell phone still work?

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
The phone still had about 7 bucks in credits on it's accounts. It was a cheapie, no I-phones or equivalents yet this year. Found out on closer exam that three of my quarters from the NAB were actually the new dollar coins, upped my finds and put me past Mike. Wonder how the Monday morning crowd did there after the beach cleaners stirred it up.

Hit the South Elgin carnie Monday morn to the tune of three bucks and some cheap trinkets. A guy even older looking than Bomber was there with an old Radio Shaft Discovery detector. Once I got there and started grabbing the goodies, he put that thing away and went at it blindly fingering through the grass on all fours. Can't blame him, but I offered him one my other rigs and he just huffed about me getting his goodies, so I left him to grovel in the grass.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
LOL! In Bomber's defense, I can attest to numerous mushroom hunters eyballing his goodies as they slowly cruised the preserve lot. And let me tell you, those mushroom hunters like 'em young :-*

I'm wondering if that groveling guy is the same guy who I saw "detecting" the same park I was a few weeks ago...looked like he needed a new hobby to me. But what do I know.

Joe

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,keep it up and no more spanky's for you :D

kad27

Apr 24, 2008
Dekalb County, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Maybe you should've told him to get a real detector and he wouldn't have to get down on all fours. But that's okay if he doesn't, there's more for everyone else then.

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Ah that old coot was okay and Bomber is beautiful just as he is. Now back to the swing-a-thing. Where's the carnie this weekend?!? Looking for Monday morning work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread