I feel like Carlos Zambrano...

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
It's like I threw a no-hitter yesterday with my finds, then I'm at it again and I allow a grand slam in the first inning and am taken out in the second. I hit the camp today with TreasureFiend, we figured we'd build upon the successful hunt we had yesterday. Well, I dug a 1936 buffalo nickel within the first half hour, then nothing for a long time. Later, back at the spot once known to be severely-hunted out, I dug a 1949 Jeff and a no-date buffalo, but that was it for the four-hour hunt. I am content with what I found, for sure...it's just that after a day like yesterday, one can become easily jaded. Plus, it was a very sullen day, in regards to the weather, and the overall atmosphere. As TF and I were hunting, we heard someone yelling, "Hey Joe!!", and we knew it was LowBatts (he had mentioned he may stop by). Unfortunately for him, an ironic twist took place immediately after he began hunting. His batteries were TOO juiced up and he was saying something about not wanting the high voltage damaging his detector. So he watched us for a few minutes and took off.

Totals for the day (between TF and myself) - two buffs, one early Jeff. Two small axeheads. That's it.

Until later-

Joe

Attachments

• IMG.jpg
    IMG.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 178

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, today was some hard digging... But l did manage to get 2 small axe heads. Lowbatts saw 1 while he was there and he said that it is older than the camp and hand forged. Well I found a 2nd one a few hours later. The heads are thin and small and have been in the ground for a long long time. They are too small to used for cutting down big trees, they easily fit in your hand so they are some kind of hatchets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread