Seeking feedback concerning the adventure site we have planned.

Alaskan Adventurer

Dec 20, 2009
Ecuador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, my friend and I have started planning the adventure website i have mentioned on my other thread. What would you like to see on this site?

Right now we will have the site completely based in the South American country of Ecuador. It will be split between a few important subjects: permaculture with emphasis on self-sufficiency and remote living and of course treasure hunting, exploration and adventure in all forms.

We hope to release at least a couple videos a week, if not more with hundreds of beautiful photos. We will have a blog section, with each of our expedition members having their own blog. This will allow each of our group to give their own point of view on these trips.

A section will be devoted strictly for upcoming expeditions or a description of each of our major projects. Part of the section will show our gear and any special situations that we may face on our expeditions and how we hope to overcome them.

We do plan on having a general Ecuadorian forum, so that you can ask questions and have those questions answered.

Our permaculture section will be just as extensive and might be added after the adventure side of the website is up and running. Please feel free to offer any ideas and let us know what you would like to see on the site.

Thanks

PS. On occasion we might be interested in bringing in others with specific skills that could add to our group.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Alaskan adventurer

Its good to see the next generation daring to dream. I am enjoying my hard earned retirement these days. If I was younger and did'nt feel my bones as much as I do these days, I would be right along beside you.

I wish you all the best with your venture.

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Don jose Our mutual friend Hardluck would be there if he could?

Last time I saw him was September? hmmm I lose track of time.... and he helped me drink the profits for a couple days caught up on old times and he was off like a man on a mission. He plays his cards close to his chest like a true poker player.

I have been left behind to guard the bar as usual, the girls... the profits hic! :occasion14:

Crow

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'evening my esteemed friend, MacKaydon: You can go to the German WWII sub any time that you wish, the gentleman with the data is now back in Obregon. As for the missing gold bars from Zimmerman's bribery attempt, that is a priority after I finish Tayopa, wanna join me? I anticipate having it precisely located within 2 - 5 days using an air borne maggie in an Float equiped, super Cub, since it is a metal ship..

With our part of the recovery, if any, we can go to Ecuador on on alaskie's project, we of course would use the helicopter.

Don Jose de La Mancha

wilkes

May 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This website sounds like a great idea, I know I would visit daily!

lilorphanannie

Apr 19, 2008
hi ,just wondered how things are coming along. ive tried to reply here a couple of times but cant tell if the messages went through. i lived and dredged in colombia ,where i resided for 17 years, prospected for dredging sites in ecuador , bolivia and peru. did it successfully and almost completely alone for all that time. there are some ,very rich rivers to work. biggest problems are depth of overburden, and rains. i worked @ 6 months a year.eventually people began to hire me to explore for their interests.oddly enough, my biggest assets were that im fluent in spanish and the ease with which i was able to get along in the various cultures.i eventually worked in over a dozen countries. i wish you guys all the success. i i derossed from the army in 1985 and stayed in south america until 1998.i now live in mexico, and dedicate my free time to extractive metallurgy.it was the best time of my life.i had some incredible luck. in peru had many 12 ounce days(not a misprint) . i was able to pay cash for my home. i did extensive testing in several rivers in ecuador,to block our pay gravels. this was all years ago, but id love to see somebody with dredging knowhow and a good work ethic, and an 8 inch dredge. i also think a gpaa type setup would be good too.all the best

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Don Jose,
Buenos dias, mi amigo !!
I thought the Zimmerman situation never advanced more than an intercepted memo. I don't recall mention of a sub with the bribe on board.
I have year-end work to finish up before taking on another project. But if yours is still open early next year, please let me know.
Meanwhile, early and sincere Seasonal Greetings,
Don.....

OP
OP
Alaskan Adventurer

Alaskan Adventurer

Dec 20, 2009
Ecuador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As everything in Ecuador, things are chugging along slowly but surely. My web designer friend is arriving in Vilca this evening, so hopefully we will have the basic design of the site figured out in a couple of weeks. Thanks for all the replies and sorry for the lack of posts.

Lilorphan, thanks for the post. You sound like you are very knowledgable and have had great success in the past. You are absolutely right concerning the rains. It is amazing how quick some of the rivers raise when you are dealing with heavy rains. I have seen the rivers raise literally feet per minute and you need to get the hell out of dodge. Rainy season is starting up now and things will most likely slow down. During the rainy season working the smaller tributaries is usually the best way to go. They can be really rich and should never be ignored and you should always check out the smaller tribs.

AA

wilkes

May 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
12 ounce days? I need to quit my job and move to Peru!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lil OA: An excellent post, loved it. Want an Apache Gold placer setup along with it's feed - a bench placer - on the Rio Yaqui? We just HAVE to get together sooner or later my friend.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When you folks are ready to start doing week-long gold prospecting trips for groups and individuals let me know and I'll start booking customers for you through InternationalGoldAdventures.com - Terry

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'morning AA, Have some more coffee and relax. That project has long ago been promised to another, but OA could easily join us . There was no intention of err ah hmm shall we say stealing away a contact or active particpant of your SA adventures. Just an invtation to a friend

I would go doith myself tomorrow, if I wasn't tied up with my own projects, which do not conflict with your excellent ones, sides I am now 89, a bit old for providing a perfect head for certain tribes that tend to collect them.

I did have a 10,000 hect concession on one of the upper tributaries of the Amazon, Brasillian sector, but gave it up to marry my Tiger.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Macadon mi compadre: A bit of rum in your coffee? I lost your em address, mine is [email protected] > Real _ Tayopa< EM me. However, I do not intend to go for a while yet, I have other projects that are higher on my 'to do' list, maybe even getting a ride on the helicopter and visiting Yma Sumac's home and museum, along with AA's points, which fascinate me.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AA-A of course my friend, we have known each other long enough to be able to kid each other, sides I am a better with a sabre and pistol than you ---so there. Actually your area was in my sights when I married, which restricted me to the Mexican barranca country and the Sierras of Tayopa.

Leonard Clark 's 'The river ran East' reignited my drool and those supprressed dreams on the Amazon and the Eastern Cordielleros.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread