Treasure of the Llanganatis

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
softmer,

You can go here:

Rolf Blomberg - AbeBooks

Rolf Blomberg spent many years looking for the treasure of the Llanganatis. There are a number of other books that will give you all the information your mind can absorb.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello all

Thanks some hiker for the links

Unfortuneatly I am a bit of a wet blanket on this topic.

There is many groups that have traveled over the Llangantis. Some much so it has become a tourist attraction for serious treckers and a money spinner for locals. I suggest if you want to know the truth you hunt down an old 1615 book called Guaman Poma chapter 8 The Inca The eleventh Captain of the Incas Captain Ruminavi page 165-166. Understand what is said on that document. There was no mention of a shipment of gold from Quito to start with as Ruminavi was the alleged half brother of Atahualpa. Ruminavi was a traitor to the Ruling Inca in his own power struggle. Why would he send gold to save Atahualpa he wanted Atahualpa out of the way?

POMA0166v.jpg

In 1615 inca people saw Ruminavi as a traitor not hero as he is seen as today.

crow

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
softmer

The Valverde trail is real . In the Guzman map , after the lake Yana Cocha , the south part is correct and the north is wrong . The place which you wanted is a big rock which show like a rooster comb and have an roman goddess name .

Good luck

P.S.

I correct my post . I would say : an greek goddess with roman name .

Marius

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

softmer

Greenie
Feb 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Markmar -- The maps are real? I never thought thre would actually be treasure maps...

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
softmer

The maps , are not treasure maps . Are hand made topografic maps . But in the Spruce map ( which is copy of Guzman map ) is pointed the place of Llanganati treasure .
I meant how the " Derrotero de Valverde " is real .

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

softmer

Greenie
Feb 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been spending an increased amount of time researching this, and I do say, as a history buff, it's VERY fascinating!

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow

You wrote " In 1615 inca people saw Ruminavi as a traitor not hero as he is seen as today " .
The book " Guaman Poma " is writen by a Spanish , who wrote how Ruminavi was an traitor . The Inca never wrote something like this .
The conclusion is how the book is a propaganda for that era . It wanted to put Inca against theirs leaders , and one of these , for revenge , to tell them where is the trasure .

Marius

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
QUOTE=markmar;3189599]Crow

You wrote " In 1615 inca people saw Ruminavi as a traitor not hero as he is seen as today " .
The book " Guaman Poma " is writen by a Spanish , who wrote how Ruminavi was an traitor . The Inca never wrote something like this .
The conclusion is how the book is a propaganda for that era . It wanted to put Inca against theirs leaders , and one of these , for revenge , to tell them where is the trasure .

Marius[/QUOTE]

Hello Marius

I beg to differ my friend as clearly you have no understanding of who Guaman Poma was?

Felipe Guaman Poma de Ayala born about 1535 and died about or after 1615? also known as Guamán Poma or Huamán Poma, was a Quechua noble man known for his chronicle in which he denounced the ill treatment of the native peoples of the Andes by the Spanish after conquest Today, Guaman Poma is noted for his illustrated chronicle, Nueva Corónica y Buen Gobierno. The pages posted above was from the chapter of Inca captains.

Let me be clear on some thing Felipe Guaman Poma de Ayala was no puppet for Spanish propoganda.

The son of a noble Inca family from the central Southern Peruvian province of Lucanas located in the modern day department of Ayacucho. He was direct descendent of the eminent indigenous conqueror and ruler Huaman-Chava-Ayauca Yarovilca-Huanuco. Felipe Guaman Poma de Ayala was a fluent speaker of several Quechua and Aru dialects, who probably learned the Spanish language as a child or adolescent. He went on to become literate in the language, although did not achieve a perfect grasp of Spanish grammar. That my learned friend Don Jose so quickly picked up when he read the manuscipt.

So you see if the document was written by a Spainish writer the the grammar would of been better. And it would not have have told of all the Spanish atrocities that was happening in the country now would it?

There is a handful of sixteenth-century documents attest that Guaman Poma served in the 1560s-70s as a Quechua translator for Fray Cristóbal de Albornozin his campaign to eradicate the messianic apostasy, known as Taqui Onoqoy, from Christian doctrine of local believers.
Guaman Poma appeared as a plaintiff in a series of lawsuits from the late 1590s, in which he attempted to recover land and political title in the Chupas valley that he believed to be his by family right. These suits ultimately proved disastrous for him; not only did he lose the suits, but in 1600 he was stripped of all his property and forced into exile from the towns which he had once ruled as a noble.

Guaman Poma's great work was the "El primer nueva corónica y buen gobierno" meaning in English "The First New Chronicle and Good Government", is a 1,189-page document. His book remains the longest sustained critique of Spanish colonial rule produced by an indigenous subject in the entire colonial period. Written between 1600 and 1615 and was addressed to King Philip III of Spain.

The manuscript outlines the injustices of colonial rule and argues that the Spanish were foreign settlers in Peru. "It is our country," he said, "because God has given it to us." Clearly if Felipe Guaman Poma de Ayala as a Inca noble claimed that Ruminavi as a traitor then clearly that it was the belief back then by most Incas that Ruminavi had betrayed Sapa Inca Atahualpa.

There was much more greater deserving Inca heros than Ruminavi. And the book was not proganda for the Spanish.

Crow

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow

Guama Poma cooperated with the Spanish 40 years , and after that , because they didn't gave back his property and title , he decided to write a book which say about " the ill treatment of the native peoples of the Andes by the Spanish after conquest ". To was addressed to others folks for critique against the Spain , I understand , but was addressed to King of Spain ? . King of Spain ordered the Spaniards and Franciscans to used force to get the gold and change indigenous's religion .
I can't find a connection between the " traitor " Ruminavi and the " Spanish atrocities that was happening in the country "
And if we supposed how Ruminavi was a traitor against Atahualpa , changed the story of Llanganati's treasure ?

Marius

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Markmar

Clearly you have not fully read the 1615 book I mentioned earlier? I suggest you look up the pages 388-393.Or you can check out the orginal in Denmark if you want? And While you doing that you may want to check out a later reference. Historia General de los Castellanos en las islas i tierra written by Antonino de Herrera Tordesillas 1730 from memory. I have some where posted other references before worth checking up somewhere in this forum. I have other documents obtained by a good friend of mine in South America.

Please do hunt them down because they will give a different take on treasure of the Llanganatis. To me the Llanganatis is a beautiful region well worth the hike and the adventure but if your just have your heart after gold of the Incas you well may be dissapointed. I wish you well and anyone else for that matter.

Crow
[h=1][/h]

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow

The Llanganati have turism for one reason : the treasure . Why anybody choose Llanganati and not other mountain in Ecuador , or other place in the world ?
But , yes I know , the treasure not exist . I have heard this several times in TN for the most famous treasures which they couldn't find . And me , who I thought how in this forum are treasures hunters . What irony .
I don't know for the others , but if i will go to Llanganati Mountains , I will go for one reason : the treasure .

Marius

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Re: Llanganatis Mountains: Valverde's Gold

An excellent book on this topic is Valverde's Gold; In Search of the Last Great Inca Treasure by Mark Honigsbaum (New York: 2004). I particularly like it because the author actually went there and sought the treasure.

If you can locate a copy of Ralf Blomberg's Buried Gold and Anacondas (London: 1959) is has a copy of the map.

Look for a reprint of Spruce's book. I think they are out there - at a cost of considerably less than $1,000.

Inca Treasure as Depicted by Spanish Historians by S.K. Lothrop (LA: 1938; Reprinted 1964) will open your eyes to the size of this treasure. This pamphlet deserves to be better known to treasure hunters. Send me a PM if you have trouble locating a copy - I can help you find one.

Finally, there is the entertaining novel by David Dodge Plunder of the Sun. Hardcase Crime reprinted it in paperback and it makes for great beach or hammock reading!

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

[Reprint of an April 2011 post on another thread.]​

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread