is this the richest waterfall in the world?

lilorphanannie

Apr 19, 2008
legend has it that there are tons of gold at the bottom of this pool. here is an excerpt from a report written in the 1850's. //////in former times the rivers santiago ,concepcion, barrera,san antonio and san bartolomo were noted for their gold washings. and they still yield saticfactory returns to the gold washer of today. in these rivers there are many pools and eddies ,where from their depth noone has been able to reach the gold laded sands on the bottom. one of these localities in particular, is the lower falls of the santiago where there is every reason to believe there lies an immemse deposit. in the last two years( @ 1860) exceedingly rich washings have been made from the earth taked from the margin of the pool below the falls . one batea of earth has yielded from 1 pound to a minimum of one ounce, usually running 3 to 4 ounces per batea (a large wooden goldpan). in attempts to dive the deep pools in these rivers the natives selects an oblong rectangular stone from 10 to 12 pounds in weight, and fashions something an yoke ,which he then ties around his neck with a local pliable vine. it is arranged as such to rest firmly at the nape of the neck, then he throws himself headfirst into the pool carrying with a large stone in the batea and a gourd (spoon). the divers could only work in this manner in pools at the depths where they could raise the batea ,the deeper pools never have been worked.//// this is a brief summary of a few paragraphs ,of an eyewitness account reported by an american geologist who was sent to do an investigation on mining activities in the area of nuevo granada in the mid 1850's.////// i would think that a pool of these dimensions would have the capability of producing several hundred pounds or more of gold in several weeks of dredging. (just a wild guess on my part), no one appears to know today what historians wrote lie beneath, im not 100%sure of all the details but it looks like the waterfall is on a ranch which has recently been put up for sale .
2085201866finca%20hotel%2001%20002.jpg

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
More than one pool there and working upriver should be interesting. Wish you well on this hunt...

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Annie, join us in the patio for coffee? That is beautiful country, and the water flow is absolutely fascinating. More.

Let's pool and buy that rancho.

Incidentally you knew of course, that the upper sections of 'El Rio San Lorenzo' have many similar pools also loaded with gold? I have many stories from that region.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like the waterfall is on a ranch which has recently been put up for sale .

LOA,

Any chance of "Trying before Buying?"

Mr LM,

Will a couple of shillings buy me a share in your capital raising group??

OP
OP
lilorphanannie

lilorphanannie

Apr 19, 2008
hi interested party. i will try to answer your all questions here in this post, including those you asked in other threads. like many people who end up in unusual places and with unusual lifestyles ,i owe my fate to some predetermined destiny or more likely the us army. for that reason i ended up in latin america, and as one would expect of a young man if their 20's ,i met and married a young colombian girl. i also fell in love with the natural beauty of the country and that part of the world, and needed to find a way to make a living. to make a long story short, i started operating a suction dredge. and i guess i had some remarkable success. people started seeking me out ,for help and guidance on a wide array of projects. in the end i had worked in over a dozen countries and participated ,in exploration ,setting up of mining operations placer ,hardrock , gold ,and diamonds, buying and selling gold. people also hired me for assistance in looking for "treasures". to date i have participated on three successful treasure extractions for other people. i currently do advisory work for people who are looking for lucrative opportunities in the field of mining and minerals in the country of mexico. i do this only part time now. most of my clients are individuals who have knowledge of something , a deposit ,lost mine ,a letter their grandfather left in the bible etc. i fell into this line of work by accident but i tried to get very good at it. because of the inquiries i recieve i started compiling lists of stories ,placers ,mine dumps . i have thousands of pages of research ,written in my own hand. which i am trying to compile into some kind of order. i actually have no interest whatsoever in treasure, in my lifetime of reviewing treasure leads ,i have only seen a few that i believe are real enough to pursue. i appproach things from a profitibility point of view, i have too. land based treasure has the lowest probability of success of any treasure venture.only today with the existance of ground penetrating radar have things changed somewhat. you will see why all salvage operations are in water, there are shipping manifests and sunken ships can be found with sonar. if the idea is to make money, there are many projects out there where you can calculate returns ,high rate of returns in a very short time period ,such as this waterfall mentioned here. that are in my view much more practical and rewarding. and are treasures in itself. i do have my own projects and i always work alone. i began participating on this site ,because i thought i had information ,proven information on some of the topics being commented on and wanted to offer help. i guess i wasn't always well recieved. i am bilingual and most of my research is in spanish and my versions of history comes from that prespective, which is much less adulterated and not written to sell books about treasure stories. //// that being said i do enjoy the search, and my work has taked me to some pretty incredible places. but im just a regular guy. no indiana jones here. don't drink ,don't carouse. just use what skills i have to get results for the customer. but i am not a dreamer nor an armchair treasure hunter. so i have a very pragmatic approach to what i do ,and its given good results so far. i have utmost respect for the community where i work and for the environment, i will do nothing that will compromise either. and everyone in rewarded. i have traveled almost 30 years and so far never an altercation ,never a problem. so ,as you can see ,i approach things very differently. to hold gold or emeralds or treasure is ok ,but i'd rather hold a child. i'm rather indifferent to it . only i have a deep feeling for history and nature. i have a beautiful collection of mineral specimens. my comment on the sacambaya treasure being one of three that could be intriguing without trisecting information is attributed to the fact once again that im a big fan of gpr.and it can be verified very quickly and cheaply as far as this kind of work goes. the other two treasures are a well on a hacienda here in mexico which has a side door about 20 feet down ,which leads to a hidden chamber, and the other is a huge tunnel that also has hidden chambers, both have cross references to their contents ,and the location is known for both. also i don't seek to raise money ever ,if i can't do it with my own funding i won't do it. i have many treasure leads. i thought i'd list some to provoke thought and give people some alternative ideas as to possible treasure ideas. i'm recovering from an injury recently and was entertaining myself by reading and posting on this site.
well ,i think i've written too much ,i hope i've answered your questions and haven't posted incorrectly .

OP
OP
lilorphanannie

lilorphanannie

Apr 19, 2008
hi austin, this is not my project, just one of rivers i've studied. the people who do gold panning on this stream usually get @ 3 grams per day with a shovel and a gold pan. noone knows the history about the waterfall, noone seems to care. but i thought it would help some people think of waterfalls they might know of ,and check them out.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'morning Annie: From your resume' I can see that you 'do' understand why I won't open Tayopa until the time is right.

Basically we both have had a similar past, in that I too married a lovely gal then had to find a way to support her in a foreign country. The basically only open , legal path, was in treasure hunting / mining.

However, prior to being married, I did do some extensive explorations in the Pacific basin and Southern Mexico. I was on my way to Brazil to pick up a land grant on one of the upper tributaries of the Amazon that a friend had wrangled for me, when I met my future wife.

Ships, fun and hard work thingies, but rapidly being phased out by the World's Archaeologists, but they, like mines, require a large amount of start up and operating capital.

If you could ever talk the Mexican gal in charge of the Mexican Marine Archaeological Dept. to issue a salvage permit, I always have the missing Zimmerman Gold ship over on the Baja side of Sea of Cortez - 30 40 feet of water along side of a reef.

Yes, there is no doubt that we 'will' meet, I hope that you are a coffee addict.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi LOA

My deepest thanks for replying so quickly and frankly to my posts.

I don't think you have anyone to thank for getting into your profession, but yourself. Serendipity might have showed you the way, but the effort, desire, focus and determination are all yours. Many go looking for treasures, mines etc..., but how many find what they desire?? Most books on the subject are written by those with absolutely no field experience, and those that have, well, very rarely have found anything worth noting and hope to make their fortunes through publishing instead. Your longevity is obviously due to your success. Long may it continue.

Disregard the comments of those shysters who guess the faults of others and increase their own conceit. Those that have nothing constructive to say should really appreciate and acknowledge those that do. But unfortunately envy rears its ugly head in many different forms. Please keep going with your nuggets (no pun intended) of pure and utterly fascinating historical information. The rest of us are extremely grateful for having such a professional giving us such wonderful insights.

It really is so refreshing to hear of one who approaches their research from the Spanish archival perspective, and no doubt it is really an eye opener on various strands.

I would hazard a guess that the "get rich quick" reason has never been your motivating factor; maybe explains your successes and results - as well as your extensive career in the business.

Rather than telling us about the standard LDM, LAD, Inca hoards etc., you speak of things never before discussed, and this is in itself another indicator and testament to your skills, knowledge and experience. How many in the treasure community can talk of such things??
Even if some can, I would not like to guess as to whether they would be kind enough to share such research or data with their fellow enthusiasts.

I would like to share some of my own circumstances with you if I may.

Here in England, I am in my 30's and have been working as a professional for a local government department for many years and have a young family. But I am now at that stage in my life where I wish to pursue my deep love for my childhood dream - searching for a real treasure/mine/hoard. I have had a deep fascination since I picked up my first book on treasure by Rupert Furneaux and it has stayed with me ever since. Places in remote corners of the world, links with bygone eras and historical characters, gold and diamonds - well I'm sure you get what I mean. I will spend a portion of every year looking into one particular story or legend and following it through to see where it can take me. Up until now I checked the LAD and the Inca Atahualpa/Valverde Deroterro sagas pretty thoroughly, but there is simply way too many inconsistencies and unresolved aspects to both. Will let others more experienced crack those particular nuts. I helped a group research maps and records from various libraries and archives here in the UK (with the Inca treasure story), only for them to start plotting and planning things and being very cagey. I've let them get on with things without me.

Am trying to find a new legend that captures my attention and then progress from there. Also have a great interest in the Chiricahua Apaches from a historical perspective, and due to this, I have made my one and only trip to the US Southwest and the border area with old Mexico.

One day I hope to say that like yourself, Mr La Mancha and Crow, that I have been humbly successful in my endeavours and can share my experiences as well. In this day and age, very few individuals get the pleasure of saying that they have a vocation which they truly desire in life and are not simply going through the motions to pay bills and indulge in the odd treat.

Aim high and make it happen is the way to go methinks.

Get well soon and thank you.

OP
OP
lilorphanannie

lilorphanannie

Apr 19, 2008
if we think about it . there are several observations that are irrefutable and need to be considered.1) it takes money to be a treasure hunter. 2) the money used for treasure hunting needs to be risk capital that will not affect you and your families ability to maintain your lifestyle. 3)there are many people out there want to be a treasure hunter just like you. thousands, what can you offer that sets you apart from them and will enhance your chances of success? 4) with all the information available via the internet the playing field is pretty much level for all who enter. 5) you will have the greatest chance of success looking for leads in your own backyard. the city ,state ,county and country you're from. 6) to go to a foreign country ,and not speak the language, not know the customs, not have a trusted contact there ,out of your comfort zone ,is recipie for failure. it is one thing to visit a foreign country ,and another thing altogether to try to do work there. 7) big ,famous treasures that are written about in popular press are a waste of time, only if somehow you have been able to come up with some unknown bit of information that nobody else has that will put the puzzle together. 8) learn how to access the value of given information ,and do correct research. ///////////////// all that being said ,i feel the only way to make someone like yourelf competitive in the field of treasure hunting is to offer a skill ,a service to those who think they have treasure.1) then the treasure leads will come to you 2)you charge for your services and are always guaranteed of income 3) you can make an agreement that if anything is found you also get your percentage.4) you build a reputation ,get expertise, reduce risk ,and maybe hit on a significant find that could change things for you and you don't even have to quit your day job. this is my best advise.

Last edited:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Lilorphanannie

I agree totally with you. Treasure hunting requires thinking with your head not your heart. Dame fortune can be ornery critter to please. And some times it can be a very long time between drinks so to speak. So you need a sound business plan. You have hit the nail of the head with your comments. :thumbsup:

How Ironic life can be?

The mine site we once worked as contractors was discovered by directions in a letter and a chart left by a dying German. But it took 2 world wars to be over before any serious work was done to rediscover the site. we worked at a site with a company nearly bankrupt offered shares instead of wages and what we were doing there was no guarantee of success, the banks did not want to loan the original company as they thought they were crazy telling then that you found this site via a treasure map by a dead German. A besides telling them you trying to mine a active geothermal caldera with 3 volcanoes around it did not help the company either.. Most workers refused and took the money.. and for a long time it looked like we those dared a little made a very bad decision when gold was an all time low a few years ago, and the project did not look to develop further thus we would of worked a year for nothing. However those that did had a very big last laugh when others sneered at our foolhardiness.

Then fate or lady luck kicked in an ever bigger mining company stepped in made us a very good deal after we held out with our original shares. To top that off the price of gold went through the roof. In 20 years or so nearly 20 million ounces of gold was extracted from the site. There is an estimated another 40 million ounces. Shares in the company as of 2013 had taken a big hit as the gold price fell and other production problems. Shares we had was originally 2 dollars a share 20 years ago last year 2012 they were up to 28 dollars share. One thing I can guarantee you the mining game is a hard mistress to please, She can lure you in with possibilities and bite you on the ass with the realities.

My friends and I have had a pretty good windfall even though we worked at other sites for wages until the day came we ourselves became obsolete as the new generation came along, but we remembered well where there is boom there is always a bust, so we diversified bought into real estate and other businesses. None of us need to really work anymore. We even stuck a finger up to the big banks and created our own bank under franchise community bank. Best thing I every did. However nothing beats the thrill of the hunt to search. And yes good research is the key to discovering the truth behind such legends. And on rare occasions they can reveal some secrets.

The lure of fortune and Glory is a powerful drug my friends once it is in your veins it is very hard to let go. The people the places, the characters all failed seekers daring to dream and once dame fortune has smiled upon you. it is hard to let go living on the edge being alive living for every moment.

Even now talk on interesting topic gets me restless for adventure.

However that hammock too swinging in breeze looks good also too these days.

Crow

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
????????????????? Bank ??? money ???? hmmm hi, mi ole buddy Crow :notworthy:, now it just so happens -----.

Hey you didn't mention that fancy bar, err, booze hall, that you & HL have on Magnetic island, which I hear is a magnet to the Aussie gals. Did ya ever find the Island's treasure ?

So UK'r you see that loot can be made, but don't look to me for advice on how to do it :BangHead::icon_scratch:, just look to our resident pro -- el Crow. (SIR)

Don Jose de La Mancha

P..S UK'r, the third member of that unholy trio, lives on a Pacific Island, a tropical paradise.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello All

Oh to think this all started from a German missionary burying a dead horse. It turned out to be one of worlds biggest gold deposits. Now owned by 5th biggest gold miner in the world with global operations. Looking at it now amazes me to what it once was.

lihirpiteast1_stitch-copy.jpg

Being a geothermal caldera between 3 volcanoes you can see steam vents that was drilled to cool the rock. It was rather a first back then and at the time thought it could not be done. A German company got involved with some amazing engineers devised a plan that worked. All power to the island and mine and processing plant is via geothermal generated electricity. All gold processed is refined in Perth Australia. The gold is shipped out as gold dore bars. The site is going through an upgrade at present enabling the site to process 1 million ounces per year.

The company that now owns it all payed up big to get 100% control over it. They have mines in Australia, New Guinea, Indonesia, Ghana and are looking to open a copper gold mine in Fiji

The island has new school, airstrip, small hospital and few shops in a new village on the other side of the island. There is about 5000 that worked there in various forms. either contractors via various companies and locally employed locals. The site is expected to be viable until at least 2029.

Those Mon and pops who invested in shares in the mining industry did quite well out of it. The global down turn forced investors to flee to gold thus creating a gold boom. But alas with all mining booms there is always a bust on the horizon.

I can see in some respects why Don jose has reservations in developing his site because once big mining takes over its gone forever, It is the nature of the beast in the commodities market.

Crow

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if we think about it . there are several observations that are irrefutable and need to be considered.1) it takes money to be a treasure hunter. 2) the money used for treasure hunting needs to be risk capital that will not affect you and your families ability to maintain your lifestyle. 3)there are many people out there want to be a treasure hunter just like you. thousands, what can you offer that sets you apart from them and will enhance your chances of success? 4) with all the information available via the internet the playing field is pretty much level for all who enter. 5) you will have the greatest chance of success looking for leads in your own backyard. the city ,state ,county and country you're from. 6) to go to a foreign country ,and not speak the language, not know the customs, not have a trusted contact there ,out of your comfort zone ,is recipie for failure. it is one thing to visit a foreign country ,and another thing altogether to try to do work there. 7) big ,famous treasures that are written about in popular press are a waste of time, only if somehow you have been able to come up with some unknown bit of information that nobody else has that will put the puzzle together. 8) learn how to access the value of given information ,and do correct research. ///////////////// all that being said ,i feel the only way to make someone like yourelf competitive in the field of treasure hunting is to offer a skill ,a service to those who think they have treasure.1) then the treasure leads will come to you 2)you charge for your services and are always guaranteed of income 3) you can make an agreement that if anything is found you also get your percentage.4) you build a reputation ,get expertise, reduce risk ,and maybe hit on a significant find that could change things for you and you don't even have to quit your day job. this is my best advise.

Extremely valid points LOA - really borne out of common sense and practical experience I would say.

I will not be gambling with what I do not possess; I will only spend and set aside resources which I can contend without.

Unfortunately, where I live in England, there is not much legends on the scale of wat exists in the Americas. Obviously that is not to say that treasure has and will not be found (Roman sites are still turning up all sorts of exquisite antiquities), but the geography, land mass, history - people even - are not what you can hope to discover say in Central or South America. What we do have here in the UK, is an abundance of solid archives and collections pertaining to travel, exploration, history and archaeology which can given solid and credible leads if one where to do their homework sufficiently.

Getting out of my comfort zone is what I want to do, to be honest. To learn another language, customs, culture etc., have done a fair bit of travelling over Europe and Asia and I reckon the next challenege lies in the vast and beautiful Americas.

Totally agree (I was always taught to listen carefully when I wanted to learn something from someone who knew what they were talking about - thanks must go to my old geography teacher Mr Wishart RIP - who used to drill this into us when regaling us with stories of his travels), and to offer something as a service which is required and necessary to this wonderful area of treasure hunting and which is essentially better than your rivals' offer.

It could be said that my strength lies is organising, researching and prioritising - things essentially I have done throughout my working career, and I believe those do come in handy in the business.

Soon I am goign to spend some considerable time in looking through various documents and old books and will see what turns up.

Many thanks for your time and much appreciated advice LOA.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'morning UK'r come sit with the 'unholy three', lil Annie, and me for your morning coffee. This type of life will produce a side experience, effect, which isn't mentioned very often, but does occur, ??? The infamous "What-n-ell am I doing here ??? ".

However in the end you will know yourself far better then any other experience can teach you, even war -- for the better or worse.

As the unholy three, and lil annie, can also tell you, there are times where it requires a tremendous positive will to just take another step, then another, just to survive or continue on the quest. Unfortunately I can give you examples of this, both personal and of partners that failed in the end.

Also remember, there is a valid reason why many of these regions aren't too well known or explored. Some damn good men have tried and failed.

Don Jose de la Mancha

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning Mr LM

At the risk of offending you, could you make mine a nicely brewed tea??
Sorry. Habit of nature - blame my parents.

I know exactly that feeling of "What am I doing here?" (Last time was in the office yesterday).

Am firmly of the opinion that when a human being truly knows he or she desires and this belief never waivers, then they can be capable of great focus and endurance with a sheer bloody-minded determination. Of course they firstly need to be on a real and justified quest, as oppose to some flight of fancy.

But folks like you and LOA are testament to what can be achieved.

I know for a fact I'm finished with my present career and am ready to take-up another challenge. I also know that I am not yet physically or mentally ready to get into the "field" yet, but whilst I am preparing, I will look into and try and locate a true and possible trove to focus on. Am realistic enough to know that there is only a small chance to do so, but that will not put me off. But rather than try for something unobtainable and questionable, I am going to try and focus on tangible targets. Have got some finances set aside to do so and the energy and hunger are there. Even if I get knockback after setback, it's all good and part of the process. Keep digging, keep looking, keep asking.

I am not going into this for self-promotion or self-centredness, I want to hold the and feel the gold (won't complain if its silver, diamonds or emeralds for that matter), and to get a financial return!!
But in all honesty, it's about what you have to do in order to get there in the first place. I wish to be able to look back and say I was true to myself and took part in what was dear to me and made the very most of it.

I would totally agree that many tough, rigorous men have tried and failed with looking into the less-well travelled parts of the earth, but hears hoping that little bit of ladyluck accompanies us when we set out to try and achieve our own little bit happiness.

In my solitary trip to the US southwest and the Mexican border, when going through the Chiricahua and Dragoon mountains on horseback and staring out into the Sonoran desert, I really knew I wanted some of that in some way. Of course there's a world (nay, universe) of difference between a guide-led trip and an active expedition, but I truly knew what I desired then and what I desire now. Difference is I can now make things happen.

Please give examples of your personal adventures, because I should be grateful to know what spurred you on in the face of danger and adversity.
I have read things in the other threads, but kindly share about your searches in old Mexico for the mines there. AND, please share what it feels like to finally hold and see the end product of your endeavours.

I am all ears (with that mug of tea in hand).....

OP
OP
lilorphanannie

lilorphanannie

Apr 19, 2008
hello to everyone,don jose,crow,and uk, ok ,everyone has shared their stories,and feelings. crow i really enjoy your sharing and am happy for your successes. i hope you can find some project to pursue not because you need it economically ,but to continue to use your skills ,those that your unique life's experiences have given you,to keep the fires burning and ultimately share those adventures with us./////and don jose, i, as many people here over the years are pulling for you and hoping that the "right moment"comes for you sooner than later,for opening up tayopa. ////// and uk, i know the potential consequences of words,how people can interpret them,and be influenced by them ,and the responsibility one has once things are in print. hence the disclaimer of sorts above. but if the decision is yours and you and yours are comfortable with that ,by all means welcome to the hunt. i live fairly close to the chiricahua mts. was even contacted to guide up into the mts in mexico for some people looking for an apache stronghold called pa gotzin kay some years ago.i'll help you anyway i can. i have many ,many leads for mexico, some are advanced in terms of research, i also have scoped out many lucrative small mine dumps and high grade deposits.

Mar 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello to everyone,don jose,crow,and uk, ok ,everyone has shared their stories,and feelings. crow i really enjoy your sharing and am happy for your successes. i hope you can find some project to pursue not because you need it economically ,but to continue to use your skills ,those that your unique life's experiences have given you,to keep the fires burning and ultimately share those adventures with us./////and don jose, i, as many people here over the years are pulling for you and hoping that the "right moment"comes for you sooner than later,for opening up tayopa. ////// and uk, i know the potential consequences of words,how people can interpret them,and be influenced by them ,and the responsibility one has once things are in print. hence the disclaimer of sorts above. but if the decision is yours and you and yours are comfortable with that ,by all means welcome to the hunt. i live fairly close to the chiricahua mts. was even contacted to guide up into the mts in mexico for some people looking for an apache stronghold called pa gotzin kay some years ago.i'll help you anyway i can. i have many ,many leads for mexico, some are advanced in terms of research, i also have scoped out many lucrative small mine dumps and high grade deposits.

Good Morning to you LOA and the rest of the gang on TN,

Thank you for your kind words. I am also very aware of the power and persuasion that key words and phrases can have on an individual who is looking for something - be it in their professional or personal life. I would say the key is rationale, practicality and foresight. But when you are going into a venture with your eyes wide open to possible consequences and pitfalls, you ponder these things (and others), before making your choice. I am fully aware and acknowledge the fact that after many years of toil, hardship, frustration and hope, a person can end up with zilch for all their efforts and not receive a single boo-hoo from anyone. That is fair enough and goes with the territory I guess. But it all comes down to personal choice and mine's is to go on the hunt. Not in a haphazard and half-baked way, more in an orderly, sensible, realistic and cautious manner whilst trying to cater for all eventualities.

I envy you in the sense that you get to live, work and place in a fantastic, almost unreal location, and must wake everyday with a smile on your face - I know I would. That location "Pagotzinkay" was the one mentioned in connection with the LAD story and came about from that fellow Nino Ciye Cochise, but the only verified stronghold that existed was Juh's and his Nednhi Apaches in old Mexico. It was rumoured that the Apache had a goldmine in old Mexico which they used in times of need, but I believe that it was all a myth. I got in touch with Jack Purcell after reading his excellent book on the LAD, to point out some discrepencies I'd thought were relevant to the whole saga. The only real gold that the Chiricahuas had in their possession was looted on their many raids on Mexicans and Americans. In captivity both Geronimo and Naiche (son of Cochise) were asked where they believed the most gold was to be found, the former said the Gaudalupe mountains and the latter said deep in Sonora near the border with Chihuahua. They never actually worked them themselves - guess they had other things to worry about and to do. Daklugie who was the son of Juh had never even heard of Tayopa and he died in the 1950s. If any true Apache who could still recall the "old free ways" and had actually taken part in those halcyon years, he should have known. His father was perhaps the best authority on what existed in the Sierra Madres from an Apache perspective. What is most definitely known, is that during the 1920s and 30s, living Apaches who had been on the warpath during the wars of the 1880s, attempted to retrieve caches secreted in Mexico by the Apaches that were due to be used in an emergency to buy supplies from "friendly" traders and ranchers known to them.

Recently, I have been delving into the record and history books to look into what was happening in Panama and Costa Rica with the Sitio Conte and the CV Hartman treasure hunts during the early part of the last century. Really interesting but of course would have questionable legality issues in this day and age. One thing is for sure, both expeditions turned up amazing amounts of pure gold and artefacts. There is so much to check out and look into, it really is unbelievable.

Thank you for your super offer of assistance - it has given me an amazing boost - I will contact you by PM and we can see what develops. One thing is for sure and it is something that I have picked up fairly quickly; to make a fortune you sometimes have to spend one as well.

Keep in touch and the very best of luck to all our fellow enthusiasts.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola, ya tea drinking UK'r, you posted --> One thing is for sure and it is something that I have picked up fairly quickly; to make a fortune you sometimes have to spend one as well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amen, this is also convertible into terms of your life span equivalent. Money hastens the progress, but is minus memories, which may, or may not be pleasant. Ex. carrying a 65# pack with no water available for three days - one tends to get a bit dry and thirsty and enters into one of those infamous "Whot-n-ell am I doing here?" situations.

Then again there are Idyllic phases such as the actual discovery, or living on an unspoiled tropical beach with the jungle full of game and food, while the beach coves are full of unsophisticated fish that practically leap out of the water in gratitude for your bait..

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UK's g'morning. One further thing, I have personally financed almost all of my trips etc. The result was that many times I couldn't even afford a cold coca cola at the end of a trip.

So back to building up the finances for the next trip.

So, as you can see, major financing isn't necessary to live your dream, just as long as your personal obligations - family - are met.

As an example, Along the way, as a side benefit, I accumulated a very nice Au,AG etc., mine which is located in an almost perfect site regarding access, power, and labor, etc. I am attempting to get it started, I may actually make a commune project out of it because of lack of capital, I am feeling out the State & Federal gov't on it.

It is an extremely nice lil mine, over $2,000 Us a ton, so first requests for information are being looked at with favor.

So if you keep your eyes open, you can often develop things that weren't even thought of when you started out on your quest..

Vaya con Dios mi amigo.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread