Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Culinary Caveman that is an mighty adventure in itself.

There are many types of treasure hunters my Friend.

Some just week end coin shooters

Some hunt shipwrecks

Some look for lost mines

Gold prospectors and miners.

Others are small cache hunters

And there is treasure hunters of treasure legends.

All required a slightly different set of skills but have also many things in common.

While some would never entertain some types.

A week end coin shooter in general may never be interesting in researching in archives. As a shipwreck hunter may only want to search for proven treasures on ships. Small cache hunter may research location but not treasure legends. Gold miners are only interested in gold mining. Or interested another according to preference. Their methods vary wildly. Some are more professional in their approach and others are more haphazard hoping to stumble by chance of the big one. It is ironic to think that a person can research for years and never find a cent and another will by accident with thought in the matter discovers a great fortune. Such is the whims of dame fortune.

Know which one yourself is comfortable with is a key to unlocking your own personal journey.

For most it is very hard road to follow with many casualties and many will fail along the way and very few ever reach the final destination. And yet there are few out there that ya would pass in the street and never notice.They are not the Hollywood stereotypes, They are very ordinary and mundane....

For most of the ones that do they usually never claim publicly to have found anything as they learned many valuable lessons on that hard rocky road. Their approach is clinical and professional and their real operations will only known to their inner most circle who always fly outside of radar of public eye... Yet some times they throw out bits of info to the public fishing....Generally they have built up a whole network of people with connections that allow them walk almost noticed..They hide behind obscurity as their deals are intriguing and complex.... Their currency is obscurity and discovery is to be disowned and even thier masters the backers do no fully know the webs that they weave. They are the masters of silent accords and deals done in marble halls my friend. on the Golf courses of country clubs and on super yachts. Some times they win some times they lose and yet the ones who have involvement with them will always never admit these people exist.

Such is the way of these people.

Crow

Culinary Caveman

Jan 25, 2011
relocated to Wyoming
Crow, I'm a fairly quiet person as I like to listen and hear. These folks you talk about sound like people I'd like to know. I have absolutely no desire for fame or recognition. I've seen what a curse those things have been for others. Hence I am one who enjoys having a few drinks with folks that love deeply, laugh heartily, especially at themselves and very seldom use the word, "I".
The stories and seeing new country and cultures is the true treasure to me. As a matter of fact my favorite find is a jar of square nails. I found them by an old homestead and every time I look at them I can't help but to wonder about the hands that hammered them out.
Ok. Sorry about the highjacking. Let's hear another tale.
Perhaps could tell us what you know about Yacubinay in El Pro province?

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many types of treasures as Crow has said, some 'must' be worked in secrecy, recovery of war loot, too many claimants.

Others, that 'cannot' do so. such as Tayopa - when it was registered I received many inquiries

Each depends upon conditions that are sometimes beyond our immediate control, so one has to adapt. That is another adventure.it is sometimes greater than the treasure itself.

Ah drink yer coffee.

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Don Jose

Ya hit the nail on the head. Researching theses treasure legends is one thing. Not all can be doable due to several reasons. Finding a treasure legend that ticks all the boxes is very hard.

The Trio has found many sites some are private property. One site covers about 30 landowners that creates a multitude of problems. Another site the owner is not interested. Another site the the owner is too greedy. That is not containing local laws and political interference and corruption. And I can guarantee you the bigger the treasure, bigger the trouble. I can or could go in a whole host of problems from experience...However that would deserve a whole topic of its own.

And I will drink ma coffee..:coffee2:

Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So our black feathered friend returns from exotic lands and beautiful and willing women…….
Beinvenidos…...

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Bonjour Doc-D comment allez-vous

Feel much better than yesterday. Enjoying fine wine and winging it and getting to see how the other half live........er....1% can't complain about the eye candy either...

The lost cave of Pachamama story is one of these yarns I am not sure about..As many things I have not been able to confirm. Perhaps time will reveal the story nothing more than a fabrication? However some times truth remains stranger than fiction?

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread