Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Hasse

You can click on the picture they should blow up to a larger size.

Crow.

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Amigo are you trying bribe me with promise of cold ones?

Ya scurvy dog ya know I sell my soul to Debil Debil for Cool cold one. :laughing7:

I like the drumming that is about the limits of my musical talent. I tend to get mesmerized when the girls wiggle their hips doing the hula. So so machine like...Oh where was I? drifted off a little there.

The trouble is my friends what we have here is with this document is a ancient document but the location can be from what we have for description any number of places. I agree with Oro that the Document must refer to some where in the eastern side of the Andes mountains but where? Chile Peru, Ecuador, Columbia. I would tend to lean toward Bolivia and Peru as the description of the vegetation seems give that impression. But Still a vast area. And Don Jose I had to re read your post about trying to see round the stain? Some part of the document was alleged eaten away with mice. However On closer examination you can see some hidden lettering which might give more clues. So perhaps my amigo friend is onto some thing?

The original document lies in national library of Rio. I am sure I could make the time go and get better copies if some pays my air fare and hotel accommodating of course during carnival Naturally.:laughing7:

Perhaps the best mode of further research is find of territorial maps of Brazil dating from that period.

Anyway have fun.

Crow

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did some more reading on this document, and found that some are claiming the mysterious symbols are Greek in origin. Can anyone comment on this who has access to relevant resources?

grantler

Jan 11, 2004
near munich
Detector(s) used
Goldpic,XP ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
In the book > Mysteries of Ancient South America < by Harold T. Wilkins . There you fiind some more Signs and Symbols relatet to the Story and the Translation as well .
But how far is Wilkins reliable ? Anyhow it is good reading ,but to far away from me :hello:
regards
grantler

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Crow wrote
T
he trouble is my friends what we have here is with this document is a ancient document but the location can be from what we have for description any number of places. I agree with Oro that the Document must refer to some where in the eastern side of the Andes mountains but where? Chile Peru, Ecuador, Columbia. I would tend to lean toward Bolivia and Peru as the description of the vegetation seems give that impression. But Still a vast area. And Don Jose I had to re read your post about trying to see round the stain? Some part of the document was alleged eaten away with mice. However On closer examination you can see some hidden lettering which might give more clues. So perhaps my amigo friend is onto some thing?

I was only agreeing with your earlier post amigo - you had pointed out that the mountains as described can not be any other range in South America, and I forgot to credit that to you.

Crow also wrote
Perhaps the best mode of further research is find of territorial maps of Brazil dating from that period.

I agree with you on this too! :thumbsup:

Please do continue amigos,
Oroblanco

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Grantler

Wilkins was never a real treasure hunter he was one of Pulp Fiction writers that thought he was. he just saw a market for such books and cashed in on it. Yeah a fun read but by no mean take his stories to detail.

Once upon a time when I was young and thought I was bullet proof. I used to be Mr anytime anywhere anyplace. no matter how much of a screwed up dysfunctional third world toilet of a place it was. If there was buck in it for me and some fortune and glory my sorry ass would be there. Life for some was a drunken stagger along a tightrope where disaster and danger was never far away. Some how I stumbled my way to the other side.

These days with an older head I am more choosy where I risk my ass.

Crow

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
??? yer doing that with Kanacker's navigation amongst shark inhabited , coral lined, lagoon traps hehehehhe..

Seriously, you passed the first hurdle long ago with your Haki dance, most never make it past and return to civilian life or are simply a few moldering bones somewhere - well boiled and scraped. Kai Kaied.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Amigo El Zorro of Sonora affectionado of Eye Candy.

Cruising the Pacific is a cake walk. Way too much candy for the picking. Maybe I Overdosed on one of my home brews? And died and gone to tropical tramp beach bum heaven?

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Don Jose we better find Z before I tear the bottom out of drumbeat on a reef while staring at the eye candy in the rigging?

Here is a seismic map of Brazil which give a record of earthquake activity in Brazil. you will notice very little if any in the amazon basin region. Also large areas are almost devoid of stone. The deterreo definitely describes a place that must be nearer to Bolivia , Peru or Ecuador or even Columbia. In the eastern ranges of the Andes. Fawcett traveled to the Mato Graso region that is fairly flat, no stone or earthquake prone or mountains as such.

brazil_haz.jpg

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello All

my Guess and I admit it is based on the seismic map of Brazil. That the alleged discovery either in the other fringes of eastern Andes. Properly near where the rivers empty out from the cloud forests?

Crow

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very impelling and intriguing story! If only we could first find that ''fountain of youth'' so that some of us might attain that youthful vigor and stamina to embark on the adventure of a life time. Thanks for sharing this post!

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Old Digger

I know exactly how you feel my friend.

For some it is not the age but the mileage. If I was Car I would of been consigned to the scrapyard by now. Been around the clock more times than I would like to admit. Bashed and dented my fenders more time imaginable through life. Had several owners none could stand the unreasonableness and temperament. The terminals of the old battery spark into life when lubriacted with a nice cool cold one. And the engine makes a lot of noise with the occasional backfire when had a good feed the night before. But when inspired and motivated I can get into gear with a crunch of the limbs where cartitlages once where. I can still get where I going in my time and no one elses. For the fire in the Engine belly burns strong and true and hunger for fortne and glory shines in my eyes like headlights.

I may be a wreck and not pretty to look at and definable not in showroom condition, but this tried and tested old heap knows where hes going.

And that my friend is the most important thing of all, living life on your terms and no one elses.

Crow

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Crow

Now Crow we know that is not quite true. I have been told that since you have been on Drumbeat with a bevy of half naked young women all of a sudden your engine been purring like a kitten. And you have been bouncing around like a puppy off the leash :laughing7:

Corp

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Corp

Flattery will get you everywhere.:laughing7: This Document is an amazing document as there is scope for a major historical discovery perhaps even one to change history especially if there is an pre Colombian connection to this lost city.

This story is begging for some one with keen eye (Markmar?) able identify possible sites in respect of what clues we have via google earth. I and many others are not keen on 3 dimensional image of terrain as in my book deceptive interpretation of actual terrain. However as a visual guide looking down it may be possible to detect key likely sites. Some thing earlier explorers and Fawcett would of dreamed of.

Crow

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Don Jose I'd imagine if Crow was around he would love to comment on Leonard Clark.

You knew he was not the only person to travel that area around the same time? Sebastian Edward Farquharson Snow also traveled in that same area.

Amy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread