Legendary Metal Library Found in Tayos Cave in Ecuador

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
G'd afternoon Joe, you posted -->the story of Troy was, for the most part, feasible for its era. The legend of Atlantis is not.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And may I ask "why not?"

Don Jose de La Mancha

Don Jose,

I am at work right now, but just off the top of my head, I believe the technology did not exist to build Atlantis.....as described.:dontknow: Other than that, the list is very long as to "why not".

Take care,

Joe

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Cactusjumper wrote
Don Jose,

I am at work right now, but just off the top of my head, I believe the technology did not exist to build Atlantis.....as described.
dontknow.gif
Other than that, the list is very long as to "why not".

Take care,

Joe

That is the key phrase there - as described. As Plutarch stated, Plato exaggerated the dressings of Atlantis well beyond the story from Solon, and all other ancient sources on Atlantis do not include many of the more fanciful features like chariots or metal-plated buildings, walls etc. It would be very easy to totally derail this topic onto Atlantis, and it is speculation to tie the metal library to it in the first place so I suggest we either re-activate the old Atlantis thread, or start a new one, if we wish to discuss that topic.

Sorry for the off-topic post. I will say that it is possible that it is related to Atlantis, and also quite possible to be unrelated, and - or a complete hoax.
Oroblanco

PS Have to sign off, will try to catch up later this evening.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
PPS almost forgot this part, also heading well off into the weeds.

Oroblanca de Tayopa: And just why not? Fits every basic description, location, form, distance, reason for demise. etc.
Want some coffee?
the Azores are the southern extension of this Island nation, no continent..
Cream ?
What do you actually find to disagree with??
Sugar??
Simple glacier and Ice cap depletion did add to the finish, but lt couldn't explain it's complete destruction in a matter of some 48 hrs. This location explains it perfectly.

Don Jose de La Mancha

There is nothing to indicate your chosen area was ever above sea level, for starters, and I can't tell you an even bigger issue for some time to come as it is "proprietary" for the time being. I can give you a hint though - how is it that Plato was able to give such a detailed description of Atlantis? The hints as to the location are right in his description, once you put them ALL together it is very easy to find Atlantis. We really should discuss this topic in another thread.

Oroblanco

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Don Jose,

Wrote this back in 2011:

Roy,

The kind of mining required in 9,600 B.C. to conform to Plato's description of Atlantis, simply did not exist in that era. The technology needed to work metals to the degree that is was said to be used in Atlantis was well into the future.

Egypt, who was said to be at war with Atlantis, by their own recording of history, would not exist for another 1,000 years.

I mentioned that there were more things that could be brought to the debate but, like now, I would rather not lay everything on the table in one post. That gives more time for my failing mind to pry the information out of arguments I have read and forgotten.

It also provides for a more thoughtful dialog. I have no desire to address the more recent fictional revelations of Atlantis-philes and would prefer to stick to Plato's account. On the other hand, I would enjoy discussing the modern-day physical discoveries that are attributed to Atlantis and its location. Thus my comment about the coast of Spain.

My position on the legend will be.......Plato created the story of Atlantis out of whole cloth, sprinkled with legend and historical truths from his own time and near history. In his previous work, "The Republic" he describes the perfect society. The story of Atlantis, which followed, was the embodiment of that idea in a fictional setting.

I am always open to having my mind changed, but it will take a strong, logical, argument. Using Paleolithic mining to explain the description of the metal works at Atlantis will require some huge earth-moving equipment to remove the debris that is covering that evidence.

History does not change easily, but it has been done.

Take care,

Joe

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe

About Atlantis date . Solon ( 639 - 559 B.C. ) have said how he had heard from a Saida priest in Egypt , how the Atlantis age was before 9000 years from his era . But in that era the Egyptians used to put a zero ( 0 ) more at the dates . So , 900 + 500 ? = about 1400 B.C.

PS

Now about the Atlantis location . I believe in the beginning was near the Caribbean Islands , but after the disaster , the survivors went to Mexico and built a new town which looked like the previous and we know today as Tenochtitlan .
Derivatives from Atlantis are the towns : Atitlan ( Guatemala ) and Tlacopan , Tenochtitlan , Mitla and Etla ( Mexico ) .
The Atlanteans were the antecedents of the tribs Nachouatlakatl and Aztlan , who were the antecedents of Aztecs , Toltecs and Mayas . The last have Gods like : Quetzalcoatl, Mixkoatl , Tlaloc and the traditional giants Atlan and Teitani (Titans)

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe

About Atlantis date . Solon ( 639 - 559 B.C. ) have said how he had heard from a Saida priest in Egypt , how the Atlantis age was before 9000 years from his era . But in that era the Egyptians used to put a zero ( 0 ) more at the dates . So , 900 + 500 ? = about 1400 B.C.

PS

Now about the Atlantis location . I believe in the beginning was near the Caribbean Islands , but after the disaster , the survivors went to Mexico and built a new town which looked like the previous and we know today as Tenochtitlan .
Derivatives from Atlantis are the towns : Atitlan ( Guatemala ) and Tlacopan , Tenochtitlan , Mitla and Etla ( Mexico ) .
The Atlanteans were the antecedents of the tribs Nachouatlakatl and Aztlan , who were the antecedents of Aztecs , Toltecs and Mayas . The last have Gods like : Quetzalcoatl, Mixkoatl , Tlaloc and the traditional giants Atlan and Teitani (Titans)

Marius,

I am curious as to your source for that information. I don't believe the ancient Egyptians or Greeks used a zero.:dontknow:

Take care,

Joe Ribaudo

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
That is correct about the zero - Arabic, and Mayans also had a zero, not so for Egyptians, Greeks, Romans etc. Makes the theory of added zero not float.

We are really derailing this topic onto atlantis, which is disrespectful at the least, so even though it is tempting to respond to Joe's post and Marius, I think we ought to either revive one of the old Atlantis threads or start a new one. The link between the metal library and Atlantis is very thin and based entirely on speculation on our part.

Oroblanco

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread