Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Banana

I think you mixing two treasure legends together? There is an ottoman empire retreat from Palestine during WW1 and another Turkish Ottoman treasure from a war with Russians in the mid 19th century in Bulgaria. Best you hunt down hard luck for those.

From what I was told there was some Bulgarians interested in the services of hardluck. But the Bulgarian government got to them first. As for WW1 ottoman treasure best to ask Hardluck that one.

Crow

Jun 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember reading the 2 Bulgarian`s story unlucky for them , that the mention of a wax ball was the undoing of them. In fact that story was a real eye opener on many levels and to be truthful , it was one of the key things that brought out my respect for someone.

There is another thing to do with the Ottomans , but cannot remember the story nor find it , all i remember was there were about 3-4 Arabian styles of writings on a cloth or ????, it was something i was playing with after getting an idea from some random history site about the battles of the time. Ah well , no doubt it will come back to me at some random time , like 3 or 4 in the morning.

Banana`s

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Banana

Some time when listening to Hardluck and Kanacki talk treasure one fades in and out. Hell I see those two talk for hours without taking a breath. Yak yak yak.... And I 'd get ya got that? I would reply what? Just to pis...

So yeah it is easy to forget stories especially if you know hundreds. And yeah there many on this site would agree you stuck on name and bingo 3 am it springs into head.

Crow

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Crow. I am kindly taking my plank, back. Keep on your toes, or you just might find it staring at you again. :) Great reading and research, here. Don Jose'. I know about those naranjas! And, about El Naranjal. If I remember correctly, isn't it the lost gold mine at the bottom of a large hill, somewhere in the Sierra Madres, next to a closed hacienda and an arroyo? Now, fast-forward. Imagine if that same hacienda was re-opened and became filled with Santos?!? Wink-wink. You never know? Or, do you?

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Dear Crow. I am kindly taking my plank, back. Keep on your toes, or you just might find it staring at you again. :) Great reading and research, here. Don Jose'. I know about those naranjas! And, about El Naranjal. If I remember correctly, isn't it the lost gold mine at the bottom of a large hill, somewhere in the Sierra Madres, next to a closed hacienda and an arroyo? Now, fast-forward. Imagine if that same hacienda was re-opened and became filled with Santos?!? Wink-wink. You never know? Or, do you?

Mastiff4me,

Just curious, are you hinting that the hacienda might have been converted to a mission?:dontknow:

Thanks,

Joe Ribaudo

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Joe. It's me; Jodi. My family is very close to señor Mancha. They live in the same little Mexican village, in the Sierra Madres. Don Jose' is indeed legendary there. Well, I posed my question a bit laughingly, as my parents have spent over 25 years renovating several very old haciendas into a exquisite small luxury hotel. Tales have been told, many, of treasure posed in wells, walls, tunnels underground leading to the old churches in this area. When others renovated their homes (at one point this place was nearly a ghost town. Though stories of ghosts within the walls, are whispered through the wind,

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Joe. It's me; Jodi. My family is very close to señor Mancha. They live in the same little Mexican village, in the Sierra Madres. Don Jose' is indeed legendary there. Well, I posed my question a bit laughingly, as my parents have spent over 25 years renovating several very old haciendas into a exquisite small luxury hotel. Tales have been told, many, of treasure posed in wells, walls, tunnels underground leading to the old churches in this area. When others renovated their homes (at one point this place was nearly a ghost town. Though stories of ghosts within the walls, are whispered through the wind,
it is no longer the sleepy place it once was many moons ago). Anyway, where their hotel is situated is like next to an old river and so on. Fits the description, but not it. :) One spot was actually the Alamos mint. But, the real treasure, to me, is my parents, (amazing people/adventurers), in addition to their lifelong collection of antique saints situated through the rooms of the property. Therefore, it is called Hacienda de Los Santos. Another blessed Tesoro of the Sierra Madres. As far as El Naranjo goes, I think our friend knows, but buried the map in the field of naranjas, somewhere at the bottom of a canyon. Now, I just have to figure out which one it is. :) Have a great day.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Jodi,

Many thanks for your replies. Hacienda de Los Santos looks like a beautiful place to visit. It also looks like it would be out of my pay scale.

It's been many years since I visited Mexico. If we were ever to go back, your hacienda would have to be high on the list.

Many years ago, I thought I had figured out where El Naranjal was without ever setting foot in the area. That and five bucks might get me an average cup of coffee these days.

Take care,

Joe

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, Joe. Should you ever want to go back, I am most certain I could get you a great rate, anytime, should you decide to wander back to Old Mexico. :) Please, also, note, Casa Tacubaya B and B. Completely magical, too (and far less bling needed). I love it there. Alamos, in itself, is hard to beat. Nothing like it, except maybe a little spot in Andalusia (Spain) for which the town was patterned after, in the beginning. The Spanish Conquistadors had fine taste, from cobblestones to high white walls, interestingly interconnected. The architecture is stunning! The church is a pure jewel. And, the people are visitors, locals and ex pat's alike are such a fun combination. Everyone has something seemingly unique about them, and one knows that, when they find themselves at this little humming village at the end of a long, climbing road. The drive is pretty remarkable. Turns from desert to a tropical rainforest right before one's eyes. Hard to get to, a bit out of the way, but well worth the effort. And, as a person of adventure, like you are, you would enjoy. Mexico does have a reputation, I know, sometimes, for it's wild side. However, I feel more safe in Alamos, than I ever have most anywhere. Our parents raised us with a unique touch. Mostly spending our free/travel time growing up and experiencing life in Central America, and Mexico. I seem to leave my heart there, every time. It is with my hope we all find those places! Google a few stories about the Sonoran mines. Very cool and full of everything. It was the first silver strike, I believe, in North America. The stories of the Almada's (should you come across some) are well worth the read. 🌺

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mastiff4me

Knowing Crow ya might need to make him walk it. Like Don Jose, How many pages you have written Don?

It takes us gals to whip these tropical tramps in line.

Amy

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, Amy. I have pondered this. And, you are absolutely correct. Will you help me lift this thing over the side of the boat? Blindfolds or not? Hmmmm.... Any last requests??? ;)

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Jodi

Trying to get these old guys to talk details is like getting teeth pulled Got to numb them with Scotch and sweet talk.

How many pages is it now Don Jose?

Amy

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Jodi Trying to get these old guys to talk details is like getting teeth pulled Got to numb them with Scotch and sweet talk. How many pages is it now Don Jose? Amy! Tell me about it. I must get that big ol' board out again. Shiver Mi Timbers!!! Argh.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Old guys??" old guys ?? sniff sniff you gals know how to hurt a guy.I am only 'starting' my third childhood, not finishing it !!

One of the problems on writing about TaYOPA is that I am continually encountering new data which modifies what I was writing about in that chapter which mostly requires starting over. sort like quicksand or getting a broad to make up her mind :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Hi gals, coffee---

Don Jose de La Mancha

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Old guys??" old guys ?? sniff sniff you gals know how to hurt a guy.I am only 'starting' my third childhood, not finishing it !! One of the problems on writing about TaYOPA is that I am continually encountering new data which modifies what I was writing about in that chapter which mostly requires starting over. sort like quicksand or getting a broad to make up her mind :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: Hi gals, coffee--- Don Jose de La Mancha
You are my #1 favorite adventure HERO!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions