The legend of little gold fish idol treasure Chan Chan Peru

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Er... Back to the topic Chan Chan quite a substantial city inn its day. No the example below not even fraction of the wealth that this culture had.

99918f633b0a1c159dcb91c7f6a42e6c.jpg

The city on the map below was quite extensive and perhaps would of been larger than many European cities of the day?

Chan Chan Map.jpg

Attachments

• Chan_Chan_Model.jpg
    Chan_Chan_Model.jpg
    595.8 KB · Views: 524

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that some kind of double entendre? I don't know whether to Report it to the Moderators or Nominate it for Banner!?! HAHAHA Mike
Haha, Mike. I just saw this. Too funny.

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
If anyone gets to visit the site they will be amazed at whats actually there.

Chan-Chan4.jpg

Chan-Chan-1858.jpg

9.Chan Chan.jpg

kot37055_1105ta.jpg

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Cuervo, you have pretty much convinced me it is worth a drive down to visit the place……….

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Doc-d knowing you interest in such places you would get a great kick out visiting the site and see its amazing history.

Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Cuervo, exactly……and no doubt there will be so much more on the drive there…….
In my exploring Ecuador and Peru, there are so many sites you see in just driving, seemingly long forgotten…….

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Senor Cuervo, exactly……and no doubt there will be so much more on the drive there…….
In my exploring Ecuador and Peru, there are so many sites you see in just driving, seemingly long forgotten…….

I predict your going to have an amazing journey down there. Perhaps it will change even more than it did before? One thing for certain traveling there is like a magic carpet ride through history. And knowing these treasure legends are a little bit of icing on the cake.

Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Crow……perhaps it is because spanish and South America are not native to me, but as I have traveled around, you find places, things…..make note of the name and locations and upon return, internet research aids what intel I can gather from the locals…….
At least in the English language, there seems little written on many places there…….yet local resources often exist……
Vaya con Dios

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Senor Crow……perhaps it is because spanish and South America are not native to me, but as I have traveled around, you find places, things…..make note of the name and locations and upon return, internet research aids what intel I can gather from the locals…….
At least in the English language, there seems little written on many places there…….yet local resources often exist……
Vaya con Dios

that's why part Modus operandi is to research in multi languages. Many people would be surprised what they can find if they search with a different languages. I have found many Spanish documents that way.

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread