The lost City of Yacubinay in El Pro province Ecuador

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Culinary Caveman, we will return to Ecuador this fall and be there through June at least…….if you make it down be sure to contact me.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The answer lies partially in 'why' they need adventure stories etc. and drugs. Escapism, the same reason that we became worthless beach bums. Some of us found the genie in the bottle lying in the flotsam etc on the beach, others became part of the floatsam.

The other reason lies with the gov'r in controllling rhe publlis schools, they simply cannot be blamed, they know no better..and as Stalin said "they are usedul idiots, keep them that way"

I quickly fund out that peopel are to be judged not by their formal education but how they react to their enviornement I have yet to meet a native of another country that I cannot respect, despite the difference in formal education. " He can always teach me something" thus I am not superior nor below hin,

Since most of my travels have been alone, I quickly found out that I must meet the native on his terms , taking advantage of his previous training on whites etc. 'without lowering myself or standards', but accepting 'his' as equally important. There is a fine point here. ,but experience will clarify it..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah Don Jose afectinado mules el Magnifico. You may not be one of a kind my friend? I think you and Kanacki would get on like a house on fire.

Squawking missing feathered one.

Culinary Caveman

Jan 25, 2011
relocated to Wyoming
Update. Well Doc, Crow and other like minded ner-do-wells the nest egg is growing may be able to make the trip this fall or winter. I'm hoping to sock enough away to spend a year poking around.
Sure been missing the yarns around here.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Caveman, you do not need much to come and travel here…….the flight is the most expensive part……..some knowledge of spanish will go a long way….Senor Don Jose wise advice is well said……..even with the everyday trabajadores (workers) here, I have great respect for them and they have helped me out many times……
It is hard to explain life here without spending much time here……
Great weather, great food, awesome people…….life is good here…….
Vaya con Dios, viva Christo Rey

Culinary Caveman

Jan 25, 2011
relocated to Wyoming
Doc, between you, Crow and mi adopted tio José I'm soooo looking forward to a trip to the south. It's in my dreams and I can't explain how much I yearn for it. I trekked alaska for 4 months several years ago but even the want I had to do that pales in comparison to the drive I have for a trip to Ecuador. Thank you one and all. CC

Last edited:

Culinary Caveman

Jan 25, 2011
relocated to Wyoming
Doc, between you, Crow and mi adopted tio José I'm soooo looking forward to a trip to the south. It's in my dreams and I can't explain how much I yearn for it. I trekked alaska for 4 months several years ago but even the want I had to do that pales in comparison to the drive I have for a trip to Ecuador. Thank you one and all. CC

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Life is good here…..no complaints……make sure you are learning some spanish before you arrive here though……listening to spanish language TV is a help…….it takes much time to understand people speaking normally…..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread