The Tale of two Brothers lost map of Corrigadors treasure.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tintin…….if you wait for somebody else, you will likely die waiting…..there is little incentive to bring people on board once you have everything in place…..if you need bodies to do work, natives are cheaper and have knowledge of the local area, customs, language…….

If you do not know spanish, now is a good time to begin learning……if you rely on others, you put yourself at a great disadvantage……and of course limit yourself in talking with some very beautiful women there.

Look at Señor Crows list of requirements for treasure hunting….

There is so much waiting in Ecuador and South America in general…….perhaps it would be best to simply visit the country for a few weeks or months before committing to any treasure hunt……..just spending time in Ecuador is a treasure in itself…….

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
tintin treasure

one thing I guarantee ya you will be different person when ya return with whole different appreciation of the world around you.

Crow

Culinary Caveman

Jan 25, 2011
relocated to Wyoming
Everett Dougherty and Fidel Castillo one and the same? Letter and story seem to line up if indeed this is one man which I'm beginning to belive it is. Feel free to shoot holes in this theory as so far it is just another s.w.a.g. Though the theory holds potential.

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Culinary Caveman

Interesting theory. However I think a little too early to make many conclusions as there is too many of pieces of the puzzle missing.

Kanacki

Culinary Caveman

Jan 25, 2011
relocated to Wyoming
Thats a fact. There's been so many dead ends in this tale that I thought it was time to think outside of the box. Both men essentially disappeared after the affair and there's no record of Dougherty having been in twined with miss Ventimiglia in the Spanish account but there is for Castillo.
So my thought, major assumption, is that the young lady didn't learn her lesson the first time or she really got around for a 19th century lady.
What are the odds of 2 guys having the same story with the same lady and nearly identical circumstances? This is what intrigues me.
Thoughts?

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The old dictator had trouble forming intimate relationships and in his Biography he showed obsessiveness and possessive tendencies and eccentricities. In short he regarded her his own personal possession as well as the country. Any man she got or tried intimate with soon became a threat to him for affection, and was quickly liquidated.

Kanacki

Culinary Caveman

Jan 25, 2011
relocated to Wyoming
Kanacki, I doubt if anything will ever come of this treasure tale, as you said there's too many missing pieces. The story itself and the research into these people have become the real treasure for me and I hope you'll let Crow know how it has helped me pass the time during this long cold winter.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor CC…what is this talk of long, cold winters?
For the price of a flight, you could be down south and suffering through the sun and heat with us here.
Choices mi amigo……and while this tale may not work out…….there is much remaining to be discovered…..
Driving around SA and you will see evidence of ancient civilizations in many places…….this is not even leaving the carreteras (roadways)…
And while it is true tales have been handed down to encourage and motivate us, how much remains unknown, waiting for an interested person.
And even if smaller sites, there are advantages to smaller, as in out of sight, out of mind……

Senor CC, do you scuba dive? Opportunity exits on land and sea….
Vaya con Dios

Culinary Caveman

Jan 25, 2011
relocated to Wyoming
Thanks Doc. I don't dive, yet. I'm planning on learning though. I'ma strong swimmer and enjoy snorkeling.
The smaller unknown or forgotten sites interest me the most. I can hardly stand the wait till I can put America del Norte behind me and start a new adventure.
Tell me about Santa Elena. It seems that several ship's have wrecked off of the shoals there over the years. Ever hear of relics washing up?

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wonderful stories,,, and even more impressive is the ability of several here to have the "resources" to seek much needed information.
The intense depth of the research with the light hearted telling of these legends has me wanting to go to Ecuador.

Especially more-so after learning that a friend of sorts has just bought a place there. Not exactly sure though where but it is within walking distance of some beach.
We were informed that we could use the place,,,for a fee of course,,whenever they were not there.

With the weather still in snow mode here in Pennsylvania,, it surely is sounding like a place I must visit before ,,,,, well y'all know the ending.
But for now,,, with my aged parents still alive and quite coherent,, I am staying put till the time where I am free to travel at my whim to these fantastic places you all tell such wonderful stories of.

Maybe,,,,someday,,,all the contributors to this killer thread will meet,,, having scantily clad Señoritas bring us our drinks,,, yes the ones with umbrellas,, hehheh

Wonderful stories and thank you to all the players here.

Hit

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Hit……..las playas (the beaches) here are wonderful……..easy to find rentals or hostals at a very affordable rate…….
Flights are not even too expensive…..LAN, TAME, American are some of the airlines I found to be the most reasonable…..
La playa, senoritas, y bebidas espera para usted (The beach, young women, and drinks are waiting for you)
Vaya con Dios

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where is our beloved Crow these days? It has been a while since we enjoyed his captivating yarns 8-)

tintin treasure

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
where is our beloved Crow these days? It has been a while since we enjoyed his captivating yarns 8-)

tintin treasure

Hola Tin tin Crow that old happy go lucky scallywag of friend of mine I have over 25 years or more. He is tied up on the endgame of a very big project these days. You know the popular image of Crow as a happy go lucky beach bum tramp party animal in raggedy old shorts, cut off jeans and singlet with holes in it, more drunk than sober. Do not let that easy going exterior fool you. In fact that is just one side of him in a blink of an eye whim he can snap into business mode. A real pro, He can flaunt and almost tease various governments with some projects and yet always walk away squeaky clean. Quite thoroughly a dirty rotten scoundrel my friend to some, to others like the most of us he is fun to be around.

Kanacki

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Caveman, there are many ship wrecks along the coast, including Santa Elena.
Mackaydon, who is on this forum, was involved in recovering a ship off Santa Elena and has some interesting posts…….if you want more info, PM him.
In Ballenita (Sana Elena Province), there is a very nice hostal and restaurant link: HosterĂ­a Farallon Dillon
The owner was involved in salvage of wrecks also…..cool stuff.

There are a few ex-pats on the site who are currently in Ecuador and involved in various pursuits I could only guess at given their silence (and I absolutely agree silence is best)…..

Now our beloved black feathered one, the notorious Señor Crow, has posted considerable info on South American treasures……perhaps the secretive old black bird can share some insight also.

As for Señor Kanacki…….hmmm…..he is of the same flock as the black feathered one and surely, if he chooses, could offer some insight also.

Another hot and sunny day here……but it is the rainy season here also and this limits certain activities……but it is also true there is more than enough to do…..
Vaya con Dios, Viva Christo Rey

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Caveman, there are many ship wrecks along the coast, including Santa Elena.
Mackaydon, who is on this forum, was involved in recovering a ship off Santa Elena and has some interesting posts…….if you want more info, PM him.
In Ballenita (Sana Elena Province), there is a very nice hostal and restaurant link: HosterĂ­a Farallon Dillon
The owner was involved in salvage of wrecks also…..cool stuff.

There are a few ex-pats on the site who are currently in Ecuador and involved in various pursuits I could only guess at given their silence (and I absolutely agree silence is best)…..

Now our beloved black feathered one, the notorious Señor Crow, has posted considerable info on South American treasures……perhaps the secretive old black bird can share some insight also.

As for Señor Kanacki…….hmmm…..he is of the same flock as the black feathered one and surely, if he chooses, could offer some insight also.

Another hot and sunny day here……but it is the rainy season here also and this limits certain activities……but it is also true there is more than enough to do…..
Vaya con Dios, Viva Christo Rey

Hola Doc-D

South America was always Crows passion. Mine is the Pacific and fair wind to sail by, riding the swell to far away places over massive distances. Its a freedom to roam beyond what many can ever can imagine by the grace of no one but wind and sea.

Kanacki

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Psst Kanacki's wife tells me she thought is safe because Kanacki's mistress is the Drumbeat. Yet he spends more time on the Drumbeat than with her. So that's why she travels with him. So he forgot to say by the grace of his better half.:laughing7:

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread