The Tale of two Brothers lost map of Corrigadors treasure.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello All

Grab a bar stool power up on ya favorite as I have a yarn for ye from proverbial old crow who has kissed the Blarney stone. For those who do not know what this old Crow is squawking about? Well True to Irish legend one must be swung upside down held on by two people holding ya feet over the edge the castle tower of Blarney castle in Green Green old Ireland thus kissing the stone a few stones lower than the turret my friends gives one the power of the Gift of the Gab..... It must of Worked every time I get tortured for information it was not for the information it was for me to shut up!:laughing7:

Quite a treasure legend in itself I wonder how much small change have fallen out over the years in the Castle moat???? But Alas the following yarn is not about the delightful old Ireland. Gee just downed another fine ale might even do a little Irish jig...So top of the Morning to ya.

As I mentioned taking the time to talk to people is so important. I am so sadden to see the next generation way to absorbed in their Ipads and such to notice the world and people about em Such a pity...

Such is life as they swung old Ned from the Gallows... Taking the time to talk to people as many of you will know will bring unusual stories and bear fruit so the speak...

My time in South America was spent talking to as many people as possible...And I was never the person wave the flag of any country...My flag was my own...Ya know they would try to work out my strange accent Irish with Australian bush slang infused with aboriginal and Papa New Guinean words with various pacific islander words...Definitely not the kings English my friends...The closest ya can come to it would be a drunken Scotsman from the Highlands If cannot understand him now ya no hope when hes drunk....very broad infusing with the old Gaelic only true Scots and Drunken Irish can understand...:laughing7:

Talking to people having a laugh and taking things not to serious, but still enjoying what people have say in a tactful way can open doors for you. With our workers on the drilling crew we hired locals and treated them with respect. We wasn't the white fella with the whip our boss was.. a tight assed south African that paid crap wages to the locals and we knew it. So the unholy trio conspired to scam more money of him for extra wages for our local crew. Well they realized with the simple fact that we lived with them on the Job. And we went out of our way to make sure they were treated with respect.That earned their respect and they saw us as ordinary guys just like them....and with that made a bond no rich men can understand..Even at the end of work cycle we would put on Barbecue for the guys and drink in appreciation of doing a good job. Just like a couple of ordinary guys having beer and laugh. our productivity was the highest and the brainless back room number crunchers could not understand why... we made it fun to be around and we created a fierce loyalty to the crew and no one wanted to be seen letting the crew down..

It open door for us as they in turn got us out of trouble from their indispensable local knowledge. And it was of course stories around at meal time that was told a real treasure in itself every one of them.

Following yarn was told by one of these guys that was a little taken back by us as his impressions was not as flattering of Gringos.... Yet the Unholy Trio won him over.... And he started to open up and he told us the following story.....

His tale was my friends from the Province that I so Butchered the name of in the last post...Hmm note to ones self more beer...:laughing7:

He had a twin brother who both hated each others guts so bad they could not stand to be in the same room together...... Their family tried so much to unite them but the more they tried the more they failed.... They came from a local town called Zaruma..It is typical Andean town on a mountain Top...

99693.jpg

To be continued....

That sneaky old missing feathered Bast...

Crow

Last edited:

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Cuervo (Crow)…….waiting for you to finish squawking out this story……
Just finishing up the mooring coffee now…….

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Doc-d It may be morning for you but it late at night for my heads just about caved in..

See ya tomorrow...

El Cuervo

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello again its morning at the Crows Nest...

No beer for me this morning...Coffee time..

Two brothers yeah strange being Brothers but hated each others guts, The One who worked for us, took at long time to open up. However when he did he told an amazing story... Their father had a good name in Town . However he had not known anyone outside the family circles, handed down through the family, an ancient map parchment left to him leading to a great Fortune. Supposedly of hidden gold in a cave or sinkhole called the "La Boca Demonios" My rough interpretation of the meaning is the Devils Mouth?

Doc-d please confirm or rectify my crappy translation?

The Father of these somes tried in ernest to bring his sons together...The parchment map now fading over time and wore the stains of of life of been in the sweaty hands of descendant who wondered what if? , It was used as a guide as the father went many times around the hills of a Town to the north of where they lived....Trying to work out the land marks..

But like with all names of places what was called back then is some time what it not called today..Which made things hard..

Too be continued my fine patient friends.

The sunshine beckons me and promises cannot be broken....

See ya soon.

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Crow, who the hell is PATIENT??:laughing7::occasion14:

Patience is an undervalued virtue my dear Amigo... Remember the yarn about the young bull and the old Bull?

So Patience Don amigo terror of the high Sierras.... When one wakes up with scantly clad women cavorting on the beach outside your bedroom window. Ya will understand and forgive me for being a little side tracked. Officially I am retired but I have business interests. I am a director of several offshore companies... technically I only get paid once a year..... But this year no pay for me... But strange enough I have increased my net worth by 12% Traveled on booze filled voyage around the Pacific with Eye candy that makes A old man weep.... Blowing smoke up the asses of officials all across the Pacific.

GHGGG.jpg

It just can't get much better?

I think many of ya would take heart that on occasions even little ordinary guys who was nothing but a whipping donkey for the rich and powerful... Had enough of the BS one day and rose up and grabbed that proverbial whip shoved it up the ass of their masters and pulled a fast one right under the their noses with out them even realizing it....So ya see Legends my friends are better off being legends.

That is why I passionate about legends

So I am back and forth a little as evening falls shortly I will be off strolling along beach watching the sunset is beautiful my friend.....

So see ya after nightfall....

Cheers Crow...

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is one cruel crow………patience, waiting? Then taunts us with hot women…….truly a feathered beast with no regard for his fellow TN audience…….

And yes, this freedom that comes from walking away from the constraints society chains us with……..not too unlike the Wizard of Oz…….sort of scary until you take a critical look and realize you can be free.

And you need not be rich, or have interests in offshore companies to be liberated……..the actual cost to live well in many places is well within reach for most…….

And as the sun sets upon our black feathered tormenter who expects his flock to wait; the sun is soon to rise here as I am finishing my first cup of coffee (sadly without supplement at this early hour)
Vaya con Dios

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay My friends..

The sunset has gone a nice evening meal.... Okay pull up a bar stool, the ceiling fans and windows are wide open are on and ya can hear the gentle splash of waves and the song of the sea. In the darkness of night and the haunting, eerie, sounds of the Bush Stone-curlew that sounds like a wailing woman banshee in the distance. Open an ale or coffee lean and enjoy the yarn..Ah beer the cure for the worlds troubles...Kick back and relax. It was the beers that loosen the tongue of work colleage who was rather some times an uptight private person. As such my fine friend I worked with.

And on with that yarn I so dam well been taunting ya with.

And trouble it was for these two Brothers as so unusual for twins that usually have unique common bond that only twins know. Their bonds in words spoken by the one I work with was of bitterness to each other..It saddened me but I had the tact to tread careful and listened to the mans story.

His father was an honest hardworking man with his own small business not super rich but not bad off... And to a degree a pillar of the community. Their community was like all good catholic was around the church. As anyone can tell you the church had greater sway in the older generation than the younger generation. But that said they were all still church going at Sundays even if the it was to appease the older generation of the Family. They came from a long line of clean sober church going people with an exciting blend of native and Spanish blood that made them into as Doc-d my fine friend would agree handsome people. Some of senoritas would flutter their long dark eyelashes and flash a smile would melt the heart of tyrant.

Such is the beauty of these people. But more when visiting the town it was immaculate you could see the pride they took in their appearance and town around. No dirty rubbish everywhere. No graffiti. There is and still a civic pride which for all of us in our cities and towns some thing to be envied. And so was the tales of their heritage was told with pride to those who took the time to listen. Of course my passion for history and legends I cannot conceal as infectious as Ebola.:laughing7: People some times get swept away into history of hills and its amazing people. My friend saw the passion in me my friends and in the moment of being relaxed with drink forgetting his own problems.

He continued his story with a MUCH hypnotized Crow my friends, spell bounded by words as if they were being passed down through the decendant of old Corrigidor himself. Wow what was I drinking? But there it was A yarn that it is most likely never been put into books...

His father had inherited the map from his grand father as his father was superstitious of such legends and kept the old parchment hidden away with the thought that the treasure should lie where god left it... Perhaps he was the wise man????

But as his life came and went on the reading of will of his late father the twins father possessed the map. He was not of that nature and a little better educated than his late father took a different view. Some times he would try to look for land marks out into the country. But for many of us marriage and kids got in the way and old father time caught us with and besides.. to him his wife , his daughters and his twins sons was the real treasure for him. His sons constant bickering and fight was always problematic for the family as the Father loved both his sons equally and never tried to show more to one or the other. They were to him both fine strapping young men some thing to be proud off.

What or why my work mate had against his brother I guess I will never know for sure? Perhaps it was fight over a beautiful senorita???

As you yourself shall know some times its better left unasked????

He continued his story about his fathers attempted to get his son to reconcile. But time went on as their father died all to early from cancer and perhaps from a broken heart at his sons obstinate not liking each other. His old father was smarter than many could imagine and in his will prepared the map Cut in two pieces to force the two Sons to reconcile and work together.... But Alas my friends the hatred was too long and too deep. And my work mate shrugged with a fatalistic view that the Devil can rest easy as it will only be until hell freezes over that the devil may lose his gold.

And with that he fell into deep contemplative silence as the Me and other crew members fell into silence...Just the cracking of the campfire throwing and flickering light upon the faces of the men around the campfire. The uneasy silence was broken when whisper softly saying would you like to see my half?

Like a little stunned old crow I squawked with a very feeble er okay... And thus he revealed it to me....He went back to his tend rolled out a frail old piece of parchment. The writing was in classic flowing scrolling Spanish with a map down bellow with drawn figures and names faded with time as stains of sweaty hands that had held this parchment and dreamed of Fortune and glory. A glance at parchment my friends I secretly tried to remember what was on it.... I even later with an old broken pencil wrote what names could understand that was on the map of supposed land landmarks on the back of an old beer coaster. For words it hard tell what the writing was about was the map had been cut with a knife that left an strait by slightly ragged edge. So each line of the paragraph was cut in two of the deterreo was missing. It appears I was looking at the left half. Thus a legacy of being virtually worthless.

So ya see it was Wiley attempt by the father to get his sons to reconcile.. unfortunately to this day I do not know....

And as time went and crews came and went one day he was gone and another came and no my friends it was not his twin bother, HA it would of been an unreal twist of fate now would it? A time came the company sent us to mine in that very Provence where we drilled for gold as part of a South African contracting company. That mine I believe had a cave in or very big explosion a few years ago. Back then we had got on very well with the mining engineer who was passionate about the history and the country side. Him having a big fwd was all the more interested in showing off the beauty of the countryside. And thus we had a tour with no treasure hunting involved just a couple of guys driving back roads exploring of course our engineer knew and told us much about the history of region. He drove down dirt road and there it was a water fall as I appeared from the back seat of a Toyota Four wheel drive. Hardluck was with me this time as he was in front. He had as far as I know he had not heard the story and was unaware. The engineer gave the name of the waterfall...Palia del Diablo. meaning Palia the devil in my crappy Spanish but perhaps Doc-D or Don Jose could give me an idea of what Palia means????

The engineer was chain smoker and habitual drinker on his days off and we had drunk a few really nice liberal ales of Cusquena as we travel along these back roads. Through my drink sodden brain the name rang a bell as it finally hit it was on the parchment that I was shown months ago. ... beer shot out my nose as I chocked to the puzzled looks of the occupants of vehicle except Hardluck. Who looked at me with suspicious eye squinting like ya I am going to get ya drunk to night and get you to spill the beans. And yes that evil bast... did.:laughing7:

CASCADA DE GUAYQUICHUMA.jpg

Years I later found out it also called by a more modern name Cascada De Guayquchuma... However my patient friends that where the yarn sadly ends. But I did manage to find a photograph of this waterfall... Enough at least to stir the imagination of what if? But sadly due the brothers inability to reconcile there differences the devil can rest easy as his gold is deep within the tomb of La Boca Demonios as safe as any mothers womb.

Cheers Crow

Last edited:

Culinary Caveman

Jan 25, 2011
relocated to Wyoming
Crow, Another terrific story. Thank you.

It makes me wonder if the brothers had a map to the gold being brought from Zaruma to help pay Atahualpa's ransom. The gold that Chief Quinara buried when he learned of Atahualpa's murder.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another fine yarn squawked out from our black feathered island friend……
How many other stories, never made it to paper and remain to be found.

For me, I am aware of a little one that I have been working on discovering….more details come out with each visit's conversation…..
Perhaps I shall relay this story one day soon, but only after I recover what is now buried………...

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Crow, Another terrific story. Thank you.

It makes me wonder if the brothers had a map to the gold being brought from Zaruma to help pay Atahualpa's ransom. The gold that Chief Quinara buried when he learned of Atahualpa's murder.

Hello Culinary Caveman

Excellent and Interesting Idea. :dontknow:

Perhaps that was origin of the gold? :dontknow:

Or perhaps it was from a time of falling gold production from 18th century archaic mining practices? But I think and I must admit I am not entirely sure...:dontknow: The document seemed a much later than 16th century...perhaps around the late 18th century? ???Where there was crisis that many Spaniards who had lived several generations in South America who began to look at the events of America revolution and think that's not a bad idea? And secretly conspired to defraud the ever more demanding king of Spain wanting to waste the gold on pointless wars in Europe....

Ya must remember it was next to impossible to process all the information that was on that half of the document. Even by the time I had scrawled words down I had forgotten many. :icon_scratch:And reading this document was hard especially in poor light. My eyes was much better then.. but still many will tell ya some times it may take weeks to fully translate a document depending on hand writing style. Not in about half hour under crappy camp light. ???

There was 4 words I manage to write down.The two I mentioned and the other two was still on the Beer coaster that sat for a couple of years in my work bag floating around half forgotten...

Maybe I need another beer to remember the last two?:occasion14:

Please forgive me I have killed a lot of brain cells since then.:laughing7:

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello doc-d

Many my friend all around the world where ever there has been conflict and fear ya will find treasure.....

So for ya project ya have no need to tell it publicly until you feel comfortable if ever. And if you find anything say nothing...

Crow

Culinary Caveman

Jan 25, 2011
relocated to Wyoming
Crow, I can sympathize with you on the loss of brain cells. If you do happen to remember any more about this tale please do share.

Doc, Good luck with your search. I truly hope you find that which you seek.

cayuse

Apr 3, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5, and an old Minelab that doesn't work
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Crow, you sure know how to tell a story. Thanks so much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread