What the hell is this in Quito Ecuador?

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Coazon, our Señorita JudyH has some spare bottled supplement to help us………

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Senor Coazon, our Señorita JudyH has some spare bottled supplement to help us………

You mean you also failed to see the obvious Doc? Well now that we know what it is, when we finish the bottle, we can go try to get it working again. I can just see myself levitating over Quito.

Homar

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to spend a few days in Quito next month and will try to find this…….and there best be bottles present, and coffee……
Vaya con Dios

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its obvious to me this building was built by the KGC! (ducks thrown boot)

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is in Quito a strange site that still baffles people to this day? Even the name and meaning is baffling as it is known by many names ? La olla Del Panceo or to some meaning Pot of Bagal? How odd Pot of Bagel no ya don,t smoke it and ya can't eat it?:laughing7:

It is a strange Beehive like structure in Ecuador believed to be of Inca construction.

View attachment 1031874

Bagel knoll, with three thousand meters above sea level, is a reference to the Quito because it marks the division between the south and the center of the city and still maintains the legacy of the Inca period because there is the pot of bagel, a sort of tank round eight feet deep that was used to irrigate crops.
Years later, during the Spanish domination, the place served to collect rain water for watering the gardens of Spanish mansion Bellavista and then was used as a defensive site of colonial troops during the libertarian Battle of Pichincha on May 24 1822.

View attachment 1031876

However some depute its function some believe it is a solar observatory? Dr David Zink many years ago believed the site has important solar Alignments for the Inca Culture??? Other believed it was once a depository of a fabulous treasure? Others still think its a gate way to a mysterious treasure???

Whatever the reason for its existence it is a mighty strange structure every for the Inca period???

View attachment 1031875

So what do ya think it is????

Cheers Crow EL sticky beak:laughing7:
======================================================================
Google "STUPA"

Long story and another "rabbithole" concerning our ancient past.

Just my opinion but it looks very much like Many of its counterparts in INDIA.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread