Alaskan Adventurers Thread/Journals.

Alaskan Adventurer

Dec 20, 2009
Ecuador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very long time ago(almost two years ago? Yikes!), I posted a thread about an adventure based site in South America.

I am in the process of building a permanent site named Relive Our Adventure. My original plan involved gold prospecting, but due to various events, I have for the most part cured my gold fever. I know, I know. You don't believe me....:laughing7:

One of the "events" was the after affects of my attempted murder. The last three years have been crazy, with an invisible guide leading the way. Eventually, my direction turned towards my love for nature and plant medicine. I have been invited to work with some activists in assisting the Cofan, an indigenous group in Northern Ecuador/southern Colombia. They have been fighting for survival against big oil on one side, and illegal logging in the other, and last; the missionaries who are trying to "bring them to the light!" by destroying their culture.

The oil companies are ruthless destroyers, and oil spills occur every couple of months, which contaminates the Cofan's(and other indigenous peoples) drinking water.

The purpose of Relive Our Adventure is to entertain and educate. We will be filming just about all our major projects, taking a buttload(a lot) of photos, and this site will be a resource for both Ayahuasca, and information about the various indigenous tribes of Ecuador. We will also be recording the rainforest, rain, waterfalls, as well as the shamanic Icaros.(spirit songs).

One of our biggest plans is to bring affordable Ayahuasca to Ecuador. Retreats will be more rustic than the big retreats in Peru, but at a bare fraction of the cost. Ayahuasca should be experienced by all, and it shouldn't be about materialism. We also hope to set up a work exchange program. You would have the opportunity to work in exchange for partial room, board and most likely Ayahuasca ceremonies. This could be an amazing experience for the right kinds of people.

I have a basic blog going for now, which is reliveouradventure.wordpress.com
So far I just have a few posts explaining our plans. Updates will be slow until I arrive back in Ecuador late Nov/early December.

Our biggest dream is to start a true healing center/rainforest research center. The primary purpose of the center is for both physical and spiritual healing, with a secondary emphasis being a research center where modern doctors and indigenous curanderos work together bioprospecting.(this is a huge dream for the future though.)

No worries. We will still be exploring/following treasure leads throughout Ecuador on occasion. I hope to get the opportunity to check out the Tayo caves. I can't get that out of my system!

Please share your thoughts, and check out my blog posts.
I will be updating this thread on a regular basis.

PS. You can find me on Facecrack, as Jason Pednault

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like an interesting journey……exploring the caves and other unknown aspects of the jungle and indigenous tribes that remain will be a journey for sure…………and yes the oil companies in the jungle as evil SOB's who seem to have the gov in their hands today……
China has also signed some contracts to mine gold in the Amazon also….not sure where but if they are close, you will know..

OP
OP
Alaskan Adventurer

Alaskan Adventurer

Dec 20, 2009
Ecuador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, near Zamora. It's a massive mine that is planned, and from what I understand it has been started.

One reason I, for the most part(wink), decided to quit gold prospecting is that it's hard to justify working against these huge evil corporations(both gold and oil)while gold prospecting myself. Seems a bit hypocritical.

This was also a feeling/vision I received from Ayahuasca.

pmuggs

Aug 8, 2012
Brantford ON
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My response from the other thread two years back still stands. I'd still love for an opportunity to make a living while exploring, and seeing the world. I'll have a double major in criminology and history come 2018, and I'm extremely fascinated with the pre-Columbian and colonial Spanish histories that are ever present in Ecuador. If there's a job for me, I'd gladly meet you down there, and we can make both of our dreams a reality. If you look at the original thread you posted, it's evident that you still have interested parties, so no shortage of people looks to be problematic. It could work.

pmuggs

Aug 8, 2012
Brantford ON
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Also, if you're looking to make money off of the site, have you considered affiliate marketing? You could put up ads for metal detectors, adventure gear, etc. and earn a commission off every item sold. I've been looking into it as a way to supplement income through university, but if Ecuador is as cheap as you say it is in your previous forum, then it could be a viable way to get your organization off the ground.

OP
OP
Alaskan Adventurer

Alaskan Adventurer

Dec 20, 2009
Ecuador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey pmuggs. Are you on Facebook? I created a group for planning purposes for our eco business.
The business name is Amazon Sustainability and Awareness Project, or ASAP.

You can join our group by searching the above name. In the near future, we hope to have things set up where people can do a work exchange for room, board, and Ayahuasca ceremonies.

One of our biggest projects will be establishing a Moringa Oleifera tree plantation as an experiment. This tree is absolutely amazing in numerous ways, from the solution for malnutrition, water purification to a very efficient biofuel. I have many years experience growing the amazing tree, but not in a large plantation.

Join our group, and say hello.

PS. Even though we will be surrounded by gold country, we have no real interested in gold anymore.

OP
OP
Alaskan Adventurer

Alaskan Adventurer

Dec 20, 2009
Ecuador
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In case you can't find the group for whatever reason, my personal Facebook name is Jason Pednault.

pmuggs

Aug 8, 2012
Brantford ON
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Alright, keep an eye out for a Patrick Mulligan. If you hadn't guessed, that would be me. And while you said that you're not interested in gold anymore, do you still plan to undertake expeditions to ancient ruins, or historical sites? I'm not looking to make a fortune off treasure, but I love a good adventure as much as the next guy, and the history in central/south America really intrigues me.

pmuggs

Aug 8, 2012
Brantford ON
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gwad almighty with a name like that ya have Irish in ya somewhere?

Crow

Huh, lucky guess. Yeah it's a pretty green name. If I'm correct with my personal history, we came over three generations back. And some speculation on my part leads me to think that my great great great great grandfather was probably a pretty lousy golfer. :laughing7:

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Huh, lucky guess. Yeah it's a pretty green name. If I'm correct with my personal history, we came over three generations back. And some speculation on my part leads me to think that my great great great great grandfather was probably a pretty lousy golfer. :laughing7:

In old Irish ya name would been spelt "Ă“ Maolagain" Ya family most likely originated from Donegal in ulster..part of great exodus of the Gorta MĂłr (The great famine ) And to be a descendant of those who felt the hunger carried a bigger hunger to go out into the world and explore..And thus ya have the hunger to go out into the world when others feel not? Such is the wanderlust of being part of the invisible Irish empire my friend. Ya find him or her in every country on globe some times first , 2nd 3rd generation born in new land and yet still hold the hunger for fortune and glory of far away places. Such as your fate before ya. So journey well and remember its the journey not the destination that matters.

Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our black feathered friend caws more wisdom to enlighten and encourage us in our journeys……..
And our Irish friend, Señor Ó Maolagain, it would seem your group has set sights on a different target……

You can visit, travel and explore economically there…………..I am sure our resident black bird will tell you that you need choose your flock carefully, very carefully.

pmuggs

Aug 8, 2012
Brantford ON
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Who would have known that I have a historical predisposition to wanderlust? I do see it now that you mention it, however. It makes a lot of sense to me. If any of you have any knowledge regarding any opportunities for me to feed into this drive, the fortune seeker in me would be happy to hear them. Best regards as always.

pmuggs

Aug 8, 2012
Brantford ON
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Muggs, all Oirishers have the urge to leave Ireland, They are found in every mercenary group and every country.

Don Jose, it's been too long since we've spoken. It's nice to hear from you again. And I must agree with you; while I wouldn't fashion myself a merc, I can't deny that I have the same thirst for adventure, and travel as my kinsmen do.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
psssst, I have it that Amy writes his posts for him, he is too preoccupied with french maids.

No Don Jose whats life without a little hanky panky, such my friend is spice of life is it not? And ya know all too well my friend women do find these curious intriguing hunters of fortune and glory irresistible....

A kind of love hate relationship they have with them as they can rarely be mastered and will always come second to the hunger.

Such is the nature of the beast.....

Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello pmuggs

Ya do not have to a mercenary, treasure hunter or anything to visit South America and see ancient cultures and lost worlds.

Knowing who ya are and what ya not only, you can decide. The Life of professional treasure hunter can seem a romantic one but few realize its a very hard life with many risks and a very thankless one at that. You walk in on tight rope of legal and illegal activities. You do not always keep esteemed company either as some times ya need to make the most unholy of allegiances. One thing I can guarantee ya Murphy's laws does really apply when as any army vet knows when "In country" what can go wrong will go wrong even with the best laid plans.

That can be one such fate of that road taken but there is many roads to follow even just as tourist visiting South America just as back packer is an adventure enough for most.

Crow

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello pmuggs

Ya do not have to a mercenary, treasure hunter or anything to visit South America and see ancient cultures and lost worlds.

Knowing who ya are and what ya not only, you can decide. The Life of professional treasure hunter can seem a romantic one but few realize its a very hard life with many risks and a very thankless one at that. You walk in on tight rope of legal and illegal activities. You do not always keep esteemed company either as some times ya need to make the most unholy of allegiances. One thing I can guarantee ya Murphy's laws does really apply when as any army vet knows when "In country" what can go wrong will go wrong even with the best laid plans.

That can be one such fate of that road taken but there is many roads to follow even just as tourist visiting South America just as back packer is an adventure enough for most.

Crow

Crow you may telling us some valuable insight here. It is good to listen from veterans. Is really the life of a pro treasure hunter full of dangers ,double crosses and intrigue as it is portrayed in the movies? Cant someone quietly treasure hunt by himself and sell off what he finds avoiding any allegiances except of-course respecting treasure rules of a country but still avoiding publicity?

tintin treasure

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello TT It can be both at various times depending on time and place. For small stuff over time yes.....

There is an old saying the bigger the treasure the bigger the trouble. And of course where there is treasure, there is evil never far away. And greed can spark evilest of deeds. Greed my friend can corrupt the nicest of people into a monsters. There is a whole history of stories of how money have wrecked peoples lives through greed and treachery. Even the most powerful of nations can succumb to its lure. Such is power of treasure my friend. Understand that you will learn tread wisely who ya work with and who ya deal with.

Publicity is a doubled edged sword. It can act in part as a insurance policy to keep officials honest, but it can also work against ya also. Many people fantasize about making the big find? But what next?And thats the problems for most people who make a find of life time. They do not realize they have opened the proverbial a can of worms so to speak. As for most people they do not have a clear plan for what next..... And that is when greed kicks in my friend....

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions